592xp? A rant.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For big trees I love the 2100’s I have the 385, 575 next. Unless I have big trees these sit till the demand comes. I have all big trees on my borders. Standing firewood. I’ll take power over weight anyday.

Don’t pose for sports illustrated pictures keep the saw in the wood.
The 2100, I will grant you, for old school fun- but 385 and 575? Not what I personally would class as a big tree line up. Now the 394 or 395XP saws for big trees, then you are starting to be a bit more serious with the big tree and equal or better of the 2100. Guess it all comes down to your definition of big tree.

The 2100, I will grant you, for old school fun- but 385 and 575? Not what I personally would class as a big tree line up. Now the 394 or 395XP saws for big trees, then you are starting to be a bit more serious with the big tree and equal or better of the 2100. Guess it all comes down to your definition of big tree.
Ive yet to see a tree that I couldn't cut with a 390xp. Get me a bar long enough and I will cut general Sherman with it. YES Ive seen those giants and all I could think about was how much I would LOVE to cut one of them!

I have larger than normal trees here that are dying. Soon they need to come down. The ash tree stumps are 4’ across maybe bigger and very tall. The 385 Xp with a 32” bar earned its keep. I have larger trees to cut.

I just fired up my ported 2100 she screams. I need to mark the piston skirt for the next operation and advance the timing and plug the govenor. The cylinder porting is ok.

Ive yet to see a tree that I couldn't cut with a 390xp. Get me a bar long enough and I will cut general Sherman with it. YES Ive seen those giants and all I could think about was how much I would LOVE to cut one of them!
That’s all I can seem to think about when I see any nice tree.

I seem to remember the late 066 magnum with factory dual port being rated at 7.6 hp and 16.5 lbs. I still take a 66 over any other big saw for steep ground felling
I've got an 066, but triple-port muffler and machined/ported by me. It's about 19.5lbs w/ full fuel+oil. It's actually a pretty lightweight saw for the power. I usually use one of my 70-80cc saws most of the time, so it's still in very good shape...none of the current crop of 90cc saws have me itching to replace it.

I have joined the 500i bandwagon and use it as my main falling saw. It's not ported 066 power, but it has enough...coupled with the insane lack of weight, it's my go-to for steep ground(or my ported 400 w/28".) The 500i even weighs a few ounces less than my 044s.

Latest posts

Back