592xp? A rant.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husqvarna.com
390xp 7.3kg (16.1lbs)
592xp 7.5kg (16.3lbs)

There's those ounces again. Lol
I agree with you to a point, especially concerning the Husqvarna dealers. There are none local to me anymore. Lowe's sells the homeowner line, but nothing professional.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Hey-

can anyone estimate the power increase if you add a second exhaust outlet to a OEM 395xp muffler, stock 395xp is 7.1 hp, so would a muffler mod add to match the new 592 (7.6)? Does the saw weight really matter when using these bigger saws?
Thanks in advance.

Not sure you'd get that much with just a mm on a 395, as it's not quite as restricted as many saws. Weight wouldn't matter much if it was a direct replacement for the 395, but it matters as it's going to replace both the 390 and 395.

Not sure you'd get that much with just a mm on a 395, as it's not quite as restricted as many saws. Weight wouldn't matter much if it was a direct replacement for the 395, but it matters as it's going to replace both the 390 and 395.

They may say it’s a replacement for the 395 but I doubt it will ever be a replacement for one on the West Coast. This saw is a fair shot at the 66 line or 390’s, will those saw stock pull at least a 42 will be the big question if not then it’s not a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a target date for end of production on the 395?

Gonna be crappy not being able to buy a large, non AT saw other than the 3120.

I don't have any clue when they'll stop making them. Production is already happening in Brazil, so hopefully it'll be like some other saws and continue for many years.

One cool thing is that the 585 looks like it's gonna be a manual carb. So that's a big non-AT saw, and knowing some of these saws nuts, I betcha there will be a 585 with the 592 top end or a 592 with the manual carb swapped pretty soon after they are available.

I'm actually very eager to see first world results with both these saws, owning both a 390xp and a 394xp (395xp top end conversion) if the new 592xp can eliminate both, especially with a manual carb conversion available. I'll likely sell the 394 or both. I had high hopes for the stihl 500i, but at their price point it's just not attractive for what you get. A mid sized saw that's light and powerful, but not great at running the long bars the 394/5 or 660 are capable of. couple that with my doubts it will handle mill duty very well, makes the new husqy offerings very attractive. A true duel purpose saw (s). Light enough to run in big woods all day,, and powerful enough for mill duty. Time will tell as with every new production of its worth it or not. Until stihl revamps the 660 series they will get little to no attention over how the new 5 series husqy specs. Couple that with the lack of available products from stihl, and crap dealers we have around here, I think husqy has made a smart move in this release.

Unfortunately I'm hearing Husqvarna is raising prices on saws, the 592 is not going to be cheap, from the sound of it at least 500i prices, hopefully the info is incorrect.
Higher already seen retail list before they pulled it. XPG with 32" light was priced at little over 14. But we are talking 92cc saws not 79cc.
So right there with 661 with prob same set up in arctic and stihl light maybe?

Higher already seen retail list before they pulled it. XPG with 32" light was priced at little over 14. But we are talking 92cc saws not 79cc.
So right there with 661 with prob same set up in arctic and stihl light maybe?
We will have to wait and see, some were saying the 572 was going to be more $$$ that what it turned out to be. That said the prices are going up by a good margin.

Hi, thanks again

We will have to wait and see, some were saying the 572 was going to be more $$$ that what it turned out to be. That said the prices are going up by a good margin.
Yeah by time we get them the price will have rose at least twice more. :cheers: Heck already went up in May after this was done. ;)

h592xpdateprice.jpg

Back