592xp manners question...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danno082

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have recently aquired a 592xp. I'm on my 8th tank of gas through it. I've noticed that when felling or cutting the saw has a slight rich spot or burble just off idle if I feather the throttle when cleaning a notch etc..If I hammer the throttle theres zero hesitation, its just when feathering just off idle. The saw starts good, runs good at wide open, and idles good, but has an annoying slight dead spot just off idle. The dealer just installed the latest firmware V1.1.15, still acts the same. Wondering if anyone else noticed this with their 592 aswell? I had a similar cenerio with my 562xp back in the day. I may be spoiled with the 500i as it runs perfect always..

Thanks,
Dan

No issues like you are describing, sorry. My 592Xp has been a beast!

One question: how does one determine the current firmware on a saw? Is that a “dealer only” thing?

Yes, the dealer can see and update with laptop. Hopefully soon we can get our hands on the small tool that goes inside on the carb. Supposedly be able to update with phone...

JQ

Yes, the dealer can see and update with laptop. Hopefully soon we can get our hands on the small tool that goes inside on the carb. Supposedly be able to update with phone...

Honestly not sure I would even pickup what ur describing but mine has ripped from tank 1, sounds like a friggin motorbike, got it earlier this year with OEM husky light bar 32"

Honestly not sure I would even pickup what ur describing but mine has ripped from tank 1, sounds like a friggin motorbike, got it earlier this year with OEM husky light bar 32"
If you cut with yours for a bit till it gets hot, then let it idle for 5 seconds, then slowly pull throttle, does it sputter, then pick up? Curious

Thanks

Have you tried doing the autotune calibration? It's idling for 5min and then doing a 75second long cut (like a lengthways ripping cut) in a log.. (full throttle in-cut whole time) some dealers tell you to do that when you first get the saw on the 1st tank but some don't seem to know about it since it's not in the manual.. I do know however that my 550xp mk2 didn't start to really rip until I had gotten a full gallon or so of fuel through it, 592 being bigger may take even more, rings seating and carb going out of break-in mode.. but I'd still try the reset if you haven't done that yet.

Back