60” bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonewoodiron

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Howdy!
Time to upgrade the 395xp bar size. The 36” isn’t long enough to mill some cherry recently acquired. I’m pondering a 60” with a skip tooth. Anyone milled with a 60” bar with their 395?

That's a pretty high width. I have not experienced this before, but you may need a more powerful helper. I see that seasonal new products are listed. Maybe a new hero is needed? Please warn me if I'm wrong.

Howdy!
Time to upgrade the 395xp bar size. The 36” isn’t long enough to mill some cherry recently acquired. I’m pondering a 60” with a skip tooth. Anyone milled with a 60” bar with their 395?
Maybe just try a 48" or so. I'd think twice about running a 60" on my 2100 and, at least on a mill, I feel a 2100 is way more powerful than a stock 395.

Maybe just try a 48" or so. I'd think twice about running a 60" on my 2100 and, at least on a mill, I feel a 2100 is way more powerful than a stock 395.

We’ve ran them falling timber before it’s doable but the saws were hopped up but milling I’m not sure how one would do. That said I can say for sure there isn’t enough oiling for a bar that length on a 185 driver 60” bar for milling it barely enough for falling timber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back