60 cc saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
60cc my favorite is 20in 3/8 full comp. Easier to maintain the cutters then .325 although in smaller wood I am certain. 325 is a bit smoother. A 40 to 50 cc saw with 16inch. 325 is a nice set up for cutting a lot of small stuff but when you get 36 vs 40 cutters on 20in the faster sharpening times seem more beneficial. I don't always use it but prefer skip in longer bars to reduce sharpening time, and I hardly think it cuts slower buried in bar length wood. As far as dulling faster , my experience seems to indicate dulling is due much more to wood condition and circumstantial conditions vs.number of cutters. Extra cutters I don't even notice extended time between sharpening but especially if you run into something that dulls you bad you spend a lot more time filing more cutters with full comp.
Talking about sprocket size biggest thing I notice is fuel economy -runtime between tanks. If my saw has ample power for the bigger sprockets I prefer them over the smaller sprocket which usually seems to have me putting fuel in the saw more often. 60cc I use 7t 3/8 with 20in bar , a bigger saw with a 20 or 24inch I usually prefer 8t. Small saws using .325 16Inch I like 8t as long as the saw has ample power with it.

Now I'm wondering what 100 cords of wood would even look like in one place? 100 cords = 475 cubic yards
I once worked on a garbage truck whose capacity was 25 cubic yards, so 100 cords would fill that truck 19 times.
How big a pile would that make? 50 feet high? 100 feet high? Dat's heap big wood!

snork.gif
OK, you owe me a new keyboard!
I try. Sorry bout the ‘puter

Back