60 MPH high wind smashed so many live oak trees in central California

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkim13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
January 7, 2023, it was high wind, more than 60 MPH that caused so many beautiful live oak trees to fall down during the night in central California.
Sooo Shame...

Of course, I can cut the trees and split them with a log splitter for firewood but it is too much for next year..
I might sell some odd firewood to the neighbors.
As you know, the live oak tree's firewood is best...
Jkim

Another mess caused by strong wind last night.😩😩

Big live oak tree fell down and blocked the road this early morning.

Had to cut the tree with a chainsaw.

Also, the patio heavy glass table flipped over to the iron table.

Cause of a small tornado that was warned by the National weather service at 3 AM.

Tornado in central California????😥😥
Unbelievable.
View attachment 1.mp4Screenshot_20230110-115932_Messages.jpg

Live
January 7, 2023, it was high wind, more than 60 MPH that caused so many beautiful live oak trees to fall down during the night in central California.
Sooo Shame...

Of course, I can cut the trees and split them with a log splitter for firewood but it is too much for next year..
I might sell some odd firewood to the neighbors.
As you know, the live oak tree's firewood is best...
Jkim

oak is what I mostly burn. If there is any post oak that is great to cook on.

First video is straight winds, don't know about the other. If it has been raining and got the ground water logged make it much easier to blow up trees by the root ball. Around here 80 + winds can do that if the ground is real wet. It all depends on the region you live in as to what wind will do to trees, around here trees with weak shallow root systems are long gone because about every 10 years or so we have a hurricane and tornadoes are common.

Latest posts

Back