630 Super II leaking bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfrun

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a Jonsered 630 super II that is leaking bar oil badly through the oil vent tube. I just downloaded the tech manual for this saw, and it doesn't look like you can get to it without splitting the saw. Using a flashlight looking into the tank, there is a tube leading to the vent. According to parts lookup, there is an X ring there. Is there any way to fix this issue without splitting the saw? Thanks in advance!

Hello All,

I have a Jonsered 630 super II that is leaking bar oil badly through the oil vent tube. I just downloaded the tech manual for this saw, and it doesn't look like you can get to it without splitting the saw. Using a flashlight looking into the tank, there is a tube leading to the vent. According to parts lookup, there is an X ring there. Is there any way to fix this issue without splitting the saw? Thanks in advance!

Yes......just pull the clutch and the oil pump is behind it. Under the oil pump body you'll find the X-ring and the rubber oil pickup line. Both available from partstree or a husky dealer.

Back