660 or 595 for milling?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Singing Arborist

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I currently have an Echo CS 800 with a 36" bar for milling hardwoods. The mill will allow up to 29" cuts and the chainsaw handles it all ok. As I lean into the lumber business a little more, I'm looking at upgrading to a larger saw with a 41-42" bar that will allow us to cut wider and hopefully faster too.

I'm looking at going with the 660 or the 595 for the powerhead. I have a dealer for both brands within 20 min of me, although the Stihl dealer says they are having a tough time getting the bigger saws out of Europe. I have no experience with either saws. I'm usually an Echo guy but Echo doesn't make a saw in the US for this size.

What do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.

595?? Husqy makes a 395. Hard to beat a 395 in that weight class. Excels at hard work. Otherwise I’d say a 3120. Read up on them, they have their quirks but also excel at hard work where heat, long run times, and air filtration is concerned. Too bad The Echo 1201 isn’t easy to get here in the US.

Dave “thechainsawguy “ in BC, is an AS member that has listed NIB 3120XP’s in the trading post.
The last I saw, he was asking $1499 or so shipped, PHO to the states

I bought my 3120XP from Dave, as have several other members, Dave has been a Reliable, Reputable dealer. I would buy the 3120XP again, and from Dave again, without hesitation

Robinwood, in Malayasia, has sold the Echo 1201, in the past, I don’t know if he currently has any available, he also sells on the AS trading post. I haven’t bought from Robinwood, but many have, and have all had Excellent transactions with him

Those would be my first contacts on those saws

Doug

Robinwood just replied, he does have some CS 1201’s ready to go, he couldn’t get them awhile back, but has them again.
He didn’t mention the price, but if you’re an Echo guy, that is the saw you want, Robin has em

give him a pm, if you’re interested

Doug

Hey guys echo cs1201 is usd 1,850 delivered to lower 48
Here's a pic from one my customer from Australia, all set up for milling some big hardwood!

Attachments

• received_302870811832232.jpeg
    received_302870811832232.jpeg
    280.6 KB · Views: 6
  • received_540136621004714.jpeg
    received_540136621004714.jpeg
    562.8 KB · Views: 5
  • received_395886435339340.jpeg
    received_395886435339340.jpeg
    554.8 KB · Views: 5
Robinwood just replied, he does have some CS 1201’s ready to go, he couldn’t get them awhile back, but has them again.
He didn’t mention the price, but if you’re an Echo guy, that is the saw you want, Robin has em

give him a pm, if you’re interested

Doug
Thanks for the recommendation sir 🙏

I haven’t bought from you YET, but Many members have, ALL with Excellent Experiences , so I wouldn’t hesitate

I passed your info along, but you know, you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink

You have Earned a Reputation as a Reliable and Reputable Seller here

Doug

I haven’t bought from you YET, but Many members have, ALL with Excellent Experiences , so I wouldn’t hesitate

I passed your info along, but you know, you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink

You have Earned a Reputation as a Reliable and Reputable Seller here

Doug
This horse doesn’t always have the funds.

Totally understand, I have the same issue all the time with saws and my Jeep 😉

No disrespect was intended, I thought you might be interested, and Robin might have something you may want, just helping you both if I could

Doug
No offense taken. I actually am interested though but I can’t spring for it right now. I also want a 353, but I’m just not in the best position right now.

Latest posts

Back