661 not running right

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll check the flywheel key for timing. Compression is great, no sign of scoring. As for spark I can’t test it because the Mtronic needs the special tool but by putting fuel in the cylinder it fires up. I’ll try a new coil, I’ve asked for the 4704 (67€) but I’d like the complete kit so I know the solenoid and the coil match each other
If you lay the plug (attached to the plug wire) anywhere on the cylinder and pull the engine over, an mtronic saw will spark like any other saw. The coil-fw gap needs to be set correctly and the rope pulled fast enough

If you lay the plug (attached to the plug wire) anywhere on the cylinder and pull the engine over, an mtronic saw will spark like any other saw. The coil-fw gap needs to be set correctly and the rope pulled fast enough
Well I’ll try again but when the saw ran good and I checked for spark I didn’t see any
Anyhow I ordered a carb kit and a black solenoid (like the original one that came with the 4701A coil)
If that doesn’t fix it I’ll buy the upgrade kit and let you know.

If it fires up, you don't need a coil. You need to check out the entire fuel system. Dump and flush the tank, clean and adjust the carb, and make sure the fuel filter isn't stopped up, and all the lines are pinhole, and leak-free.
Ordered carb kit and new solenoid( the original black one) I’ll clean and inspect everything and let you know as soon as the parts arrive

Back