86 hi ranger boom noises

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree Guy Frank

Reaction score
I have an 86 Hi Ranger Bucket Truck. The upper boom makes a loud groaning noise when operating. I've greased all zerks and poured gear oil on everything visible cable, but can't pinpoint where the noise is coming from. Has anyone had this issue?

I have an 86 Hi Ranger Bucket Truck. The upper boom makes a loud groaning noise when operating. I've greased all zerks and poured gear oil on everything visible cable, but can't pinpoint where the noise is coming from. Has anyone had this issue?
Have someone listen at the elbow sheave. the leveling cables are supposed to slide over the sheave on a plastic liner.
Check the upper cylinder has clearance under the access panel in the lower boom. I damaged the lower boom so it hit the cylinder when
running without the cover,. the cover helps hold the cylinder down in the tube.

Hello there. Is there enough clearance between the parts surrounding the gears? You should check this out. I'm not entirely sure about the model, but if computerized control can be provided for this, the problems in the electronics should be checked. Good luck!

Back