A Fancy Spoon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Morakniv 106 was delivered today... but I haven't opened the inner plastic package it came it... I'm so mad I could spit nails.

I ordered off ebay. Looked at the sellers FB%, which is 99.6% Ship from location, KS all good, so I ordered.
The fricking package that was delivered has an AMAZON label on it. Inside is a "gift" ticket from AMAZON.

I just got home and looked at the actual negative FB left them... other complaints about them selling AMAZON.

I HATE Amazon... and like some of the others said, if I wanted to buy from Amazon, and save $6 on the knife, I would have ordered from Amazon.

I'm going to investigate ebays seller's policies. I sincerely doubt they allow drop-ship selling.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Reported to both Amazon and ebay.

Now going to check out my new knife! :yes:

Similar to TNT I got a new knife, my first Pukko-style. With any new knife I get for use in the woods I like to make something with it, a “christening” of sorts, as well as to test the function. Just last night I finished most of the major shaping. My original idea was to carve or burn fish features in it - scales fins eyes etc - but I’ll pencil them on first to see if the design will work. It’s a new coffee scoop to replace a plastic one. I wanted to make a kuska but the wood split and I had to work around it.

0D9FC745-CC02-4DE1-8BC2-022733896402.jpeg
ECD784CC-07B0-49D6-9C0F-D59B0C5568CA.jpegIt still needs some shaping and thinning but most of that will be done with a rasp and sandpaper.
It’s hardwood so its quite a chore to carve.

Similar to TNT I got a new knife, my first Pukko-style. With any new knife I get for use in the woods I like to make something with it, a “christening” of sorts, as well as to test the function. Just last night I finished most of the major shaping. My original idea was to carve or burn fish features in it - scales fins eyes etc - but I’ll pencil them on first to see if the design will work. It’s a new coffee scoop to replace a plastic one. I wanted to make a kuska but the wood split and I had to work around it.

View attachment 912367
View attachment 912368It still needs some shaping and thinning but most of that will be done with a rasp and sandpaper.
It’s hardwood so its quite a chore to carve.
Very nice! What kind of wood is that?

Not sure if you’re looking for more projects, but I just made a batch of netting needles using offcuts. I’m going to use them to make fishing landing nets after watching some vids on the tube. I did a few completely by hand, but I made a batch of 20 (10xtwo sizes) and used a router table to do the hardest cut (removing the centre material) then finished them all with a knife. My hands were almost crippled the next day, but it was a lot of fun. I think it’s a really good knife carving skills project.

F27A9AF5-C478-4ACE-8C55-2B7710451C6A.jpeg
8944D0E5-F1D0-4CAF-A19B-21C16A7481B8.jpeg

Perfection! Love the light stripe down the center.
Was the injury wood-carving related?
Haha no! It was starting a chainsaw related!!! The damn 056 super I’m trying to get a piston for! I pulled the rope and I got a sharp shooting pain in my arm. Turns out it’s tennis elbow!

Back