A Few Sticks Short of a Load

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Hi there I got the bush done but if had 5 more trees I would of had a full load. I had to pull the Western Star out with the skidder so he wouldnt get stuck because the frost was breaking up.
Anyway Im glad I got what I did as I had a choice of 20 trees out of 10,000 or so on 36 acres,so I was like a kid in a candy store, and had lots of fun falling and skidding etc. Its kinda sad when your finished, but there is always more later.
Here's the picture I took last night as it was getting dark once the log trucker hooked back onto his trailer. It's not very clear.
John

Hi there, the U.S. buyer and I sorted thru the logs and he got first choice of the slicer veneer. The next grade down goes to Taiwan for rotary veneer, the specs for rotary arent as high but I am sure he will take 80% of the 45 logs that are left. The balance I will have sawed into boards.
Can I spot good timber a mile away or not?
The One Day Millionaire

Forever Timber Ltd.

Hi there all, glad you like the logs, I sure did and so did the buyer.
Remember, trees are just like carrots and to get some good ones you have to weed them out or wait 100 years.
Dennis, hang onto those 2100's for me, I will paypal you the 900 U.S. Oh-Oh, here I go again with that vicious chainsaw cycle.
Oh well, when they grew that timber, they grew lots of it.
Forever Timber Ltd.
Lambert Logging

Back