A Generation of some Stihl Pro Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kodiak Kid

Idiot with a "power saw"
Reaction score
A line up of some of my Stihl pro saws along with bar length, mods, and age of power head from smallest to biggest.
IMG_20220520_125505560_HDR.jpg
MS 260 PRO with a 16" .50 gage Oregon PM and .325 Full compliment AKB round chisel.
Mods: Full size cover plate and Pro Safty felling dawgs.
IMG_20220520_144232570_HDR.jpg
MS360 with a 20" .50 gage Oregon PM and .325 Full compliment round chisel.
Not sure if it's the PRO or standard model This saw was a dumpster find. Someone had smashed it probably trying to drop a tree with very little experience. She was in fairly bad shape when I found her. With a severly bent bar, a severly broken half wrap, cracked up air filter, missing filter shroud, cracked cover plate and torn mounts. I've replaced everything but the filter shroud. Ordered everything from Madsen's but they sent me the wrong shroud twice. The only order they have got wrong in 25 plus years of service!👍
Mods: Full size cover plate. And stock felling dawgs.
IMG_20220520_144337606_HDR.jpg
046 Magnum with a 24" .63 gage Oregon PM and .3/8 Full skip square chisel bit.
This was my first Felling saw! I bought it brand new from Madsen's 25+ years ago after I broke in for close to a year working under several different cutters. When they turned my loose in my own strip I ordered this little power house. Then ordered a 066 a couple months later for my primary because we were mostly in big timber. I ran the 46 when cutting in strips with smaller wood. When I was using her to cut timber she ran with a 32" bar. I sold her when I went in the service and just recently bought her back! She Stihl runs but is pretty tired to say the least. I'm sending her Madsen's for a rebuild soon.
Mods: Minor exhaust porting, Pro Safety full wraps, Pro Safety felling dawgs.
IMG_20220520_144048511_HDR.jpg
MS660 Magnum with 36" .63 gage Oregon PM and 3/8 Full skip square chisel bit
I've owned several of these models over the years cutting timber and was my primary fellimg saw up until three years ago.
Mods: Minor exhaust porting, Pro Safety full wraps, Pro Safety OG felling dawgs.
IMG_20220520_143840996_HDR.jpg
MS 661 PMS with a 28" .63 gage Cannon Duralite and 3/8 Full skip square chisel bit
Mods: Pro Modified with max exhaust porting, some aspiration mods, "Max Flow" Air intake, aluminum skid plate, Pro Safety felling dawgs.
IMG_20220520_144019985_HDR.jpg

Hope you enjoyed 👍

Cut safe, stay sharp, and be aware!

A line up of some of my Stihl pro saws along with bar length, mods, and age of power head from smallest to biggest.
View attachment 989583
MS 260 PRO with a 16" .50 gage Oregon PM and .325 Full compliment AKB round chisel.
Mods: Full size cover plate and Pro Safty felling dawgs.

MS360 with a 20" .50 gage Oregon PM and .325 Full compliment round chisel.
Not sure if it's the PRO or standard model This saw was a dumpster find. Someone had smashed it probably trying to drop a tree with very little experience. She was in fairly bad shape when I found her. With a severly bent bar, a severly broken half wrap, cracked up air filter, missing filter shroud, cracked cover plate and torn mounts. I've replaced everything but the filter shroud. Ordered everything from Madsen's but they sent me the wrong shroud twice. The only order they have got wrong in 25 plus years of service!👍
Mods: Full size cover plate. And stock felling dawgs.

046 Magnum with a 24" .63 gage Oregon PM and .3/8 Full skip square chisel bit.
This was my first Felling saw! I bought it brand new from Madsen's 25+ years ago after I broke in for close to a year working under several different cutters. When they turned my loose in my own strip I ordered this little power house. Then ordered a 066 for my primary because we were mostly in big timber. I ran the 46 when cutting in strips with smaller wood. When I was using her to cut timber she ran with a 32" bar. I sold her when I went in the service and just recently bought her back! She Stihl runs but is
pretty tired to say the least. I'm sending her Madsen's for a rebuild soon.
Mods: Minor exhaust porting, Pro Safety full wraps, Pro Safety felling dawgs.

MS660 Magnum with 36" .63 gage Oregon PM and 3/8 Full skip square chisel bit
I've owned several of these models over the years cutting timber and was my primary fellimg saw up until three years ago.
Mods: Minor exhaust porting, Pro Safety full wraps, Pro Safety OG felling dawgs.

MS 661 PMS with a 28" .63 gage Cannon Duralite and 3/8 Full skip square chisel bit
Mods: Pro Modified with Max exhaust porting, some aspiration mods, "Max Flow" Air intake, aluminum skid plate, Pro Safety felling dawgs.

Hope you enjoyed 👍

Cut safe, stay sharp, and be aware!
You need an ms500I to fill the generation gap…lol

Latest posts

Back