A (sort of) Simple Plan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would have been funny to watch you stihl guys bash my magnesium cased homeowner poulans, if this would have happened to one of them. Instead of making up reasons why a $500 homeowner saw cant hang with the smaller $150-$350 homeowner saws of other brands. I know for a fact with my bad stihl dealers in town, I will never own a new one. Might buy a used one someday just to see what all the fuss was about, then again. I dont need pro saws as a homeowner and it seems that even the stihl fans here (75%) of AS members, Dont care for stihls homeowner models. Well there is alot of us homeowners out there. I understand the guys saying :censored: me once shame on you, :censored: me twice shame on me. I felt the same way, just being talked to by the stihl salesman gave me the bad taste. Bloated ego type salesman. But my point was, if this had been a poulan or another type do you think it would have been defended for 8 pages by 75% of the AS. Naw they would be to busy bashing, saying pullon and etc. Most of the post for hard starting saws here, that I have noticed is coming from stihl homeowners having troubles with starting their homeowner Pull-stihls. It would have been nice if ALL stihl dealers were as knowledgeable as the ones I read on here from WA and VA. Maybe things would have been different. But instead, I ran into the higher % of the bad dealer out there too. Heres some gas have fun.

It is somewhat amazing to me to see the Stihl fanboys hereabouts continue to attempt to defend a defective Stihl dealer and defective Stihl product...which could have been an aberration (except for the tales of others here with similar Stihl dealer experiences, that is).

...and yes, you should write to Stihl... or find another site to garner attention.

Give it up, you're busted..

Yeah, you're right...Stihl dealers know everything....and are never wrong. And "busted" at what? What is being "busted" here is the mistaken notion that all things Stihl are golden. But it isn't golden...it's a shade of baby-crap brown.
And once again let me say that it is not my job to babysit Stihl's dealers. They obviously read these forums as evidenced by their takedown notices to sites linked here that were making available for download Stihl .pdf files. If they're interested they can contact me.

This guy probably didn't even buy a Stihl chain saw in the first place and is just here to bash Stihl.
Uh, wrong again. In fact, my Stihl dealer said that any other chain made by anyone other than Stihl was garbage...including Oregon and Carlton. (Sorry, I read that wrong...I thought you meant I didn't get a Stihl chain with the saw.)

Uh, where do you think the photo's came from, the Department of Stihl Misinformation run by Husky?

I think it's [insert name of your favorite infamous banned AS member] just another way to get attention

Nice smear attempt. Unfortunately you're as wrong about that as you are about everything else in this thread.

MikeinParadise (and a few others) hit the nail on the head. These Stihl guys act like paid shills when anyone dares criticize their favorite saw.

And there is no way in hell I would recommend milling with any Stihl saw, (whatever the model) given the way the Stihl dealer immediately disavowed any warranty responsibilitly for "non-Stihl attachments" on the saw. (And taking that one step further, I would even recommend not using a non-Stihl bar or chain or oil or any other non-Stihl product on/in a Stihl chainsaw for the very same reason.)

Thanks to everyone who saw the story for what it was...a factual account. Hopefully someone will put the information to good use when considering a purchase, which was the entire point in the first place.

Last edited:
Coveredincrap: YOUR A MORON!!!
Quit your little girly sniveling and drop it. Who cares? Look around and this site and find something else to do.

mini saw mill

Just read up on the mini saw mill. States to use a 3.8ci saw with a 20" bar. The stihl was the only saw in that class, that he tried and couldnt hold up WOW.

coveredinsap said:
And there is no way in hell I would recommend milling with any Stihl saw, (whatever the model) given the way the Stihl dealer immediately disavowed any warranty responsibilitly for "non-Stihl attachments" on the saw. (And taking that one step further, I would even recommend not using a non-Stihl bar or chain or oil or any other non-Stihl product on/in a Stihl chainsaw for the very same reason.)
I'm not a Stihl fan. Read your last post. Your experience with ONE dealer makes you qualified to make recommendations or non recommendations of products you've not even ran. You're a f'n moron. I like Huskys--it's a shame you run them.

retoocs555 said:
How would you characterize the dealership? Size wise, products they sold?

My experience has been the big power equipment dealers the ones that sell: Stihl, echo, cub cadet, kawasaki, polaris, yamaha, honda, lawnboy, ariens all in the same store are the dealers that stick it to ya in a bad way when it comes to parts and service. They're too busy selling high dollar items to give you a moments notice or think about taking care of your warranty issue.

Invariably the Best dealers I ever come across are the ones that sell saws, just saws, and it always helps if there's only one guy in the place and he's in the back, off the sales floor working on a repair when you come in. Or if the same guy has been opening up shop everyday for the last 40 years, thats really the best.

It's the same way with tractor and auto parts. But, maybe that's just rural life and you don't have the option of those kinds of dealers around??? I don't know. They know what kind of equipment I use and am working on and often anticipate what I need.

you are generaly correct on this one most bug multi dealers have the attitude the customer should be gratefull, that there, even selling the product.:jawdrop:

spacemule said:
I'm not a Stihl fan. Read your last post. Your experience with ONE dealer makes you qualified to make recommendations or non recommendations of products you've not even ran. You're a f'n moron. I like Huskys--it's a shame you run them.

Rex, be nice!

If somebody gets in your face and calls you a c***sucker, I want you to be nice. Ask him to walk. Be nice. If he won't walk, walk him. But be nice. If you can't walk him, one of the others will help you, and you'll both be nice. I want you to remember that it's a job. It's nothing personal.

Covered in Sh8t, I had some sympathy when you first posted your story, now you are just a whining little sniveller, nightmare customer, get lost. Not worthy, waste of time, guys quit talking to this tard.

coveredinsap said:
No, what's a "shame" is that photo of an inbred-looking sum-a-beech holding a airsoft toy rifle, as if that lends weight to your bogus claims.
That's $1,000 you're looking at in the picture doofus--not exactly an "airsoft toy rifle." I see you know as much about firearms as you do about chainsaws. You're making a fool of yourself.

I thought this was a great thread for years to come many could read the back and forth post from a group of people with different opinions with no real winner just all opinions from ones self . But that has changed into a few 8 year old nanny playground insults and lack of control off topic post. If this post would of ended about a page ago it would of been a great topic but once again as many threads go the off topic sets in as does the mad mouth. Too bad , i thought there was a very good debate going with a lot of adults. We need to keep our heads on stright , have a good debate and let the post rest as a truely on topic adult thread . There are a lot of readers that look up to the higher posting members as i do ( did ) Some members have kept it in control and some just let the thread get the best of them and show there true colors . Looking foward to another great ADULT thread read with many opinions . Lets walk away like men (&/or women that might be here posting & reading too) Great thread guys .:cheers:

Covered in Sap. That was a good post. I agree with many people that not all Stihl dealers are bad. Mine has actually been really great in trying to fix my saw.

I know the types of dealers you are talking about (not just Stihl, I"m talking every type of dealer, car electronics, etc). I work for a company that is all about the customer, and we go well out of our way to make sure they are happy. Since I started working here I don't think I've purchased many things that I haven't gotten the shaft on, including defects out of the box on a $500 ham radio that the dealer wanted to repair rather than replace. I could write a book, a very very long book.

All in all, don't frown on the brand, frown on the dealer, probably more so on that rep.

Everything is manufactured these days and manufacturing is never 100% reliable.

Glad you found a happy ending. Hope I find one that doesn't end up costing me nearly $100 on a new bar and chain.

Insultin' a man's rifle .......well that sure doesn't make a case for your intelligence. Port arms and second amendment proud, thank you.

clearance said:
Covered in Sh8t, I had some sympathy when you first posted your story, now you are just a whining little sniveller, nightmare customer, get lost. Not worthy, waste of time, guys quit talking to this tard.
Yeah Buddy thats what I'm Talkin' about!!!
:cheers:

I hadnt been on in a couple of days and it took me an hour to catch up on this thread!!! but there are a few things wrong here as follows
1.CIS (coveredinsap) Thinks all saws are rated,priced,and classified by engine size
WRONG
2,cis is likely to have a rude awakening when the bar breaks off that much better and cheaper husky
3. horrible dealeer

AND for everyone else who thinks this is getting a liittle out of hand

You CANT reason with an IDIOT

the definition of an idiot is something close to this ;someone who is informed but chooses not to care.

and after all this:givebeer:

1.CIS (coveredinsap) Thinks all saws are rated,priced,and classified by engine size
WRONG
2,cis is likely to have a rude awakening when the bar breaks off that much better and cheaper husky
3. horrible dealeer

3. horrible dealer

Well, one out of three isn't bad I guess....that coincidentally being the purported ratio of good Stihl dealers.

(And for #2...speaking of things "breaking" on this thread probably isn't the best tactic if you're searching for Stihl brownie points.)

Back