After getting a stob stuck thru glove and into knuckle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodchuck357

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I made a cutlass type of hand guard for my machete. When the hand quits hurting some I'll give it a try.:bang:

This will solve that problem .

bahco-swedish-brush-axe-gear-patrol.jpg

That looks much to specialized for me

I'll stick with my pirate-ized corn knife! But thanks for the suggestion. Guess I could add a hand guard to that, also.

Last edited:
Those swedish brush axes are pretty handy. Especially for blackberry vines and bigger stuff but a good ole machete is better for some things. My swede axe is standard equipment in my jeep.

My Corn Knife(machete)

has a 3/4 inch wide back edge for about 6 inches about 1/3 of the way back from the tip, tapering toward the edge, hilt, and tip. It can be used to drive a wedge, dig a hole, whittle a toothpick, be used as a draw knife to make an ax handle, and cut a 2 inch limb with one stroke. I can't think of a single tool that is more versatile.

Don't think I'll be trading it in! :msp_wub:

The hand guard worked fine untill...

I went to use the knife to pound a wedge into a kerf, and the guard was in the way. So it's off with the guard, maybe I can work out a quick change hand guard, or just wear a steel armored glove when slashing brush.

Back