Aftermarket full wrap handle bar for 660 Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There used to be a guy in Montana, iirc that made a really nice full wrap.
Yes the Pro Safety is a good handlebar.I had one On an 064 I had . It was Skookum. But was closer to the top cover for wearing mitts. It was doable . I'm trying to find those other ones or find out if the still make those USA handlebars. They had lots of room also.
Thank you all ! If push comes to shove , I'll prolly get the Pro Safety bars.

There used to be a guy in Montana, iirc that made a really nice full wrap.
Yes the Pro Safety is a good handlebar.I had one On an 064 I had . It was Skookum. But was closer to the top cover for wearing mitts. It was doable . I'm trying to find those other ones or find out if the still make those USA handlebars. They had lots of room also.
Thank you all ! If push comes to shove , I'll prolly get the Pro Safety bars.
Weber's sound familiar? Had that sprayed on stuff for grip.

Found it http://webercustoms.com/chainsaw/

I got one on ebay for $40.

Other than needing to bend it a bit to get the fasteners to line up, seems to work fine.

Weber's sound familiar? Had that sprayed on stuff for grip.

Found it http://webercustoms.com/chainsaw/
YUP. That's the one! THANK YOU ?
This is one of my 460s with the smaller diameter tubing. These Weber Custom handlebars are The best for cutting with big insulated gloves or mitts on.
As a plus , like the Pro Safety it is a great chain catcher.

Attachments

• IMG_20220718_162025896.jpg
    IMG_20220718_162025896.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
I had sent a message to Rod Weber and this was his reply...

I am out of stock on all my handles. I am having a hard
time getting materials right now. I will put you on the notify list.
Sorry and thank you

Okay. I just sent him an email also.
This is my 660😆
It started out as a half wrap with no dogs.
A good friend that I cut with in Southeast Alaska. Lives in the Middle Tanana now. Like I do.
He was an 066/660 nut. They were the smallest saw he didn't destroy 🙄😬
He did have a carcass that had got some high impact therapy ( that didn't help it)
He gave me the 3/4 wrap handle bar and dogs off it.
They work. But a new saw should have a new set of handlebars.
I got the saw for $200 nib from a neighbor that couldn't start it. At 73 yo he just didn't have the Snap for it.
As I've fell timber for a couple days with 066s and 660s and done a lot of other cutting with them. I didn't feel compelled to get one back then as the 394s I ran at the time were much better imo.
But, for $200. I couldn't pass one up.
I have 1 gallon of gas thru it so far.
I just turned it up above a full on bludder at 1 gallon . Still have a long way to go turning it up another1500 rpm till I get to 13,500.
But, at least it's works.
IMG_20220806_214215796.jpg

Back