ALC 62 Hydraulic lines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pignuthickory

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi All,
I own an 2005 ALC 62 rear mount (Great Boom ! ). The hydraulic lines exiting the upper boom to the pistol grip
are chaffing on the boom. Any ideas on the how to replace these lines without having to
take it to Altec or a service center. I am fairly mechanical but do not have any experience
with the hydros inside the boom. I would appreciate any input on this situation.
Merry Christmas !

Attachments

• Hydraulic lines UB .jpg
    Hydraulic lines UB .jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Hi All,
I own an 2005 ALC 62 rear mount (Great Boom ! ). The hydraulic lines exiting the upper boom to the pistol grip
are chaffing on the boom. Any ideas on the how to replace these lines without having to
take it to Altec or a service center. I am fairly mechanical but do not have any experience
with the hydros inside the boom. I would appreciate any input on this situation.
Merry Christmas !
Hi All,
Merry Christmas !
Let me start with full disclosure, I’ve never set a wrench to one. But it’s clear what your trying to do. Maybe tie a stout pull string to the old, pull out old line leave string in place and get a new one made?

Thank you. for your reply. I don't think it will be that easy, but I know what your saying.

the way to do it is to couple your new line to your old line already inside the boom and pull it through with the old line.
ssimple

Latest posts

Back