• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Allis chalmers chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they are Poulan. However, it's the name. I have four of the models and I'm searching for the last. The Minneapolis Moline branded chainsaw I believe was made by pioneer. I have one and it's on the list whenever I get time

There were 7 Allis models (info borrowed from an old diacussion)

Model 65 - manufactured by Poulan, based on Poulan model 20D
Model 75 - manufactured by Poulan, based on Wright model 121 (and Wright model 121 was "built by Poulan based on their model S25D")
Model 75A - manufactured by Poulan, based on Wright model 122A
(and Wright 122A was "built by Poulan based on their model S25DA")
Model 85 - manufactured by Poulan based on Wright model 100
Model 95 - manufactured by Poulan, based on Poulan model 306
Model 195 - manufactured by Poulan, based on Poulan model 306A
Model 295 - manufactured by Poulan, based on Poulan model 306

Not quite right.

The model 85 was based on the Poulan 100. There was never a comparable Wright model. In fact, the 100 may be inspired by the big Wright blade saws, but no Wrights were ever anything like the Poulan 100 or AC 85.

To be fair, there is a model 100 Wright but that is simply a rebadged Poulan 100. Poulan owned Wright at this point.

Never seen one of those versions Bill. Not even a picture.
About 15-17 years ago there was a great member here that had one. He only lived about 70 miles from me. We did some horse trading but that was on saw he wanted to hang on to. I sure hope he is doing well. He turned me on to a bucket truck and chipper that I will be forever grateful for.

Find a Minneapolis-Moline and watch it go through the roof

I had an old Minneapolis-Moline tractor that was built for some highway dept. It was the best hill mower I've ever seen. With a really heavy duty 8' wide belly mower, it was quite comfortable on 3:1 slopes, and could actually mow 2:1 slopes without 4 wheel drive.

I really liked that tractor. Unlike the modern tractors, it was built to be easy to work on and repair.

I had an old Minneapolis-Moline tractor that was built for some highway dept. It was the best hill mower I've ever seen. With a really heavy duty 8' wide belly mower, it was quite comfortable on 3:1 slopes, and could actually mow 2:1 slopes without 4 wheel drive.

I really liked that tractor. Unlike the modern tractors, it was built to be easy to work on and repair.
I ran a G900 so much on the farm I worked on as a kid I own one myself today. Never knew they had a chainsaw though.

I collect twins. It is rumored that the Echo CST-610EVL was also sold by Allis Chalmers like it was with John Deere. Can anyone here bust that myth or confirm it as fact?
I have never heard that at all and I have been around vintage saws for many years. I have around 600 now and had thousands come through. The rarest AC saw in my opinion is the blade saw. The second being the orange top handle which I have.

I have never heard that at all and I have been around vintage saws for many years. I have around 600 now and had thousands come through. The rarest AC saw in my opinion is the blade saw. The second being the orange top handle which I have.
That's interesting. Could I se pictures please of your AC saws?

Back