Alternative uses for chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis, cutting critters up with a chainsaw is one thing, taking pictures of it is another......:confused:

IN the last couple of weeks I've been cleaning up around my shop. There was an old fiberglass ladder with broken rails that was on its way to the dumpster. I took my old Sears/Poulan that hadn't been started in about seven months, pulled the cord three times and cut off the aluminum rungs for recycling. It hardly dulled the chain. I think aluminum might be easier on the chain than old stump cuts.

Tom

alternative uses for chainsaw

speaking of old stumps....chainsaw is great for dividing up matrmonial assets (the kind niether side wants to part with)the judge sure gets pithed off ... something to do with devaluing family net worth!!!:rolleyes:

Another time I was hired on a logging crew, but was to lazy to work, so I sat on a stump, goosed the throttle all day and bobbed my head once in a while, but then I got fired.
John

I'm boring-the most exotic thing I can remember doing with a chainsaw was making a doghouse out of a plastic barrel.-Polyethylene makes interesting chips.:rolleyes:

I once used my little ole 029 to cut the neighborhood idiots Rancher out of the tree that pinched his saw tighter than a knats ass in a puddle of vinegar.

rborist1, I know those dudes!:p

A rope and my knee is about all I have ever cut with a chainsaw,other than wood. I always wanted to put one on my BMX bike as a motor.

I was angry with my landlord, so in a realous jit of fage I cranked up my chainsaw and dove into anything made of wood. I even bucked the legs off the furniture and plunge cut holes in the floor just to be spiteful. I am now homeless and on medication with an ankle bracelet and curfew. The Doctors say I am bi-polar and schizophrenic and possibly not the brightest bulb on the tree.
John

The 018 Stihl is very good for carving the Christmas turkey I find.
Where is Huskyman anyway, is he still cutting with his 55?
John

Zyp,

Where you been, you little hawed-off Canuk? Plenty of fun things goin' on 'round these parts, eh? Heard you been a little po'd lately. Can't say as I blame ya.

Hi Doug, I never stay po'd for long about anything. If I do, I then meadiate the situation, thereby irradicating myself of any mental constipation.
It's drizzling and foggy here, so I guess I better not put off shopping any longer, but I am glad I got the logs out. In retrospect, making the 346 fest would have meant working 5 hrs/day instead of 4. Everything always works out though it seems.
Lambert Logger

Latest posts

Back