Alternative uses for chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How about you guys list some of the things you use your saws for besides cutting down trees.

I was thinking about this yesterday when using an 028 to cut the windows out of a pole barn we are building

Used one this past summer to cut the perlins when I helped my father-in-law replace the roof on his pole barn.
Also landscape timbers and whatever else I can find an excuse for.

Any excuss i can think of that wont ruin my bar and chain. I have split notted wood with it once. Also used in a haunted house, actually this is a funny story.

We (church group) built a fun/haunted house inside an old barn that was donated. At the end of the maze i had a hockey mask and a black clothes, with my dads ole Mac chainsaw with a 16" bar no chain on it. I would walk out of a closet and chase them out revving the saw.

You outta see a person run with you put a bar nose down there back. I let someone do it to me first just to see what it feels like. I gotta tell you that vibration goes right through the bar and it freaked me right out. I never had so much fun. :blob2: :D

We've been building timber retainings walls this week and cut every peice with one, ripped one 6x6 down to 5x6 today.
Last month we had a job to remove a garage, right through the walls aluminum siding , roofing + all, that was fun. Had it down in no time.

does cutting up buffalo count??

I made a Halloween costume once out of a 670 with no bottom end...made it look like it cut through me...just made an over the shoulder frame...then welded a cut bar on each side...mounted the now alot lighter 670 onthe back...tip of the bar on front...got first place....:D

Well about 2 year ago i was doing house renovations and had to cut a 10' x12' opening in my second floor so to widen it up for a new stair case cut a whole wack of 2"x 12",
My house is still standing , got in ???? from the wife , she said the fumes made her sick, said to her i breath that all day.

Lawrence Martineau

I'm new to the site, but couldn't resist.
Used my echo cs-8000 to cut throught 12" ice on frozen lake to go scuba diving in mid January. Trick is to cut a triangle 10 foot on each side. On the first pass cut shallow enought not to hit the water, or else the chain pulls the water up into the saw and your holding a block of ice!

Trimming Pampass Grass. 24" bar was the only thing i had long enough to get thru that nasty Crap.:blob2:

I use my mac timber bear to quarter wild hogs i shoot. I have pictures some where.

joemarty uses a mac to make a meal:D

I've cut up a possum :eek: in a hollow limb, hit some flying squirrels once :( while trimming at the Orlando Salvation Army office.
Once I couldn't get a small tree out of a 20 gal. pot, it was rootbound. Used an old POS 025 to cut the pot off the rootball.

I just cut a coconut w/the 357. My daughter is in a play or something and the're doing Monty Python's Holy Grail. Needed it for the horse sound. Clamped it in a vice w/a sock on each end, and was going to use the cross-cut on it but could'nt find it. So well, didn't need any chain oil on this run.

I get these big roles of towels from a place that makes baby wipes. They are about 6 foot long when I get them, Cuttin them with the saw always works. Tried sawzall, skil saw, and a pvc saw. chainsaw is better.

A Mini Mac makes an indifferent boat anchor. If you hang it up and have to cut it loose, Oh well. It wasn't much of an anchor and even less of a saw.:D

I had a couple of characters a few years back that would let their deer freeze and then partially cut them up with their Homelite Super EZ.

After the first time, I would just set their saw outside until they returned. I wouldn't work on it. They got the hint.

Actually I heard later that the game warden had got them on some deal about selling some kind of young fish that they were not supposed to be selling. They were an ugly pair.

Latest posts

Back