Amazon Prime BS

djg james

djg james

ArboristSite Guru
I placed an item in my cart on March 16, 2021 and the estimated Shipping Date was March 25, 2021. Then I started my Amazon Prime free trial membership and the Shipping Date remained March 25, 2021. No faster.
I've been checking my order status and two and a half days later, the item still hasn't shipped. And the delivery date is now March 26, 2021.
What's the point of paying for Amazon Prime if you can't get your order any faster?

My brother ordered an item off ebay a day later and it shipped yesterday. I could have ordered a comparable item on ebay and gotten it in 3 to 5 days.

I had Amazon call me after going through many hoops to actually talk to a real person. Well I got someone speaking very broken English that the item was not in stock in my area. It was in Georgia. She couldn't tell me anything more about it. How far away is Georgia from Central Illinois? You think Prime members would get preferential treatment over non members and it would ship from Georgia the next day. Isn't that what Prime is for?

Sorry for the rant.

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

100% USDA certified abnormality-free.
A while back, I unknowingly sign-up for Amazon Prime. I don't order a lot of stuff from them, so it took me about 4-5 months to find out that I was signed up for Amazon Prime.

Long story short, I sent them an email message and they refunded all the monthly charges I had been paying. Now, I'm very careful when it comes to choosing how my Amazon purchases are shipped. Orders of $25.00 and more are usually shipped free. So, I wait until I can meet that minimum purchase.

djg james

djg james

ArboristSite Guru
Maybe you needed to open a Prime account before placing the order? I never bought into it because most stuff I order from Amazon arrives in two days anyways
I did. I placed it in my cart first.... March 25th. Then I joined Prime and then placed the order.... March 25th. When I called, she actually confirmed that I was already going to get (at time of placing the order) the two day shipping. Yet no faster delivery. And Georgia is not that far from me.
And now a day later still since original quote.

djg james

djg james

ArboristSite Guru
A while back, I unknowingly sign-up for Amazon Prime. I don't order a lot of stuff from them, so it took me about 4-5 months to find out that I was signed up for Amazon Prime.

Long story short, I sent them an email message and they refunded all the monthly charges I had been paying. Now, I'm very careful when it comes to choosing how my Amazon purchases are shipped. Orders of $25.00 and more are usually shipped free. So, I wait until I can meet that minimum purchase.
Yes I do plan on cancelling my membership well ahead of the month deadline. And my order was already over $25 but Prime shouldn't be slow as the 'slow boat' method.
I'm curious, where did you find an email address for Amazon? I searched all over the site and only found a button for someone to call me.

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

Yes I do plan on cancelling my membership well ahead of the month deadline. And my order was already over $25 but Prime shouldn't be slow as the 'slow boat' method.
I'm curious, where did you find an email address for Amazon? I searched all over the site and only found a button for someone to call me.

I'll have to log back into my account and do a search. This all happened last summer and I'm getting older by the day. :nofunny:

djg james

djg james

ArboristSite Guru
I'll have to log back into my account and do a search. This all happened last summer and I'm getting older by the day. :nofunny:
Thanks but don't bother. It's not like anyone at Amazon would care anyway. Icing on the cake, my Brother got an update. His package is suppose to arrive Tuesday. So he orders a day later than me and gets his three days earlier.

capetrees

capetrees

Tree Freak
I placed an item in my cart on March 16, 2021 and the estimated Shipping Date was March 25, 2021. Then I started my Amazon Prime free trial membership and the Shipping Date remained March 25, 2021. No faster.
I've been checking my order status and two and a half days later, the item still hasn't shipped. And the delivery date is now March 26, 2021.
What's the point of paying for Amazon Prime if you can't get your order any faster?

My brother ordered an item off ebay a day later and it shipped yesterday. I could have ordered a comparable item on ebay and gotten it in 3 to 5 days.

I had Amazon call me after going through many hoops to actually talk to a real person. Well I got someone speaking very broken English that the item was not in stock in my area. It was in Georgia. She couldn't tell me anything more about it. How far away is Georgia from Central Illinois? You think Prime members would get preferential treatment over non members and it would ship from Georgia the next day. Isn't that what Prime is for?

Sorry for the rant.
After Bezos claims he made a TON of money during the pandemic as everyone was ordering online as opposed to going to the store and thus the subscriptions to Prime went way up (because, of course, we're all too special to wait for our packages and want them in 2 days), why hasn't there been a class action lawsuit to get back everyone's $100 subscription to Prime after he failed then and has continued to fail at getting the packages to their destination in two days, LIKE EVERYONE PAID FOR???????

djg james

djg james

ArboristSite Guru
After my phone conversation, I got an email with an actual link to contact Amazon by email. I think I'll give them a piece of my mind and maybe they'll give me $20 in Reward Points on my Rewards card for my trouble. Can't hurt to suggest it. I do have one of there cards that I use exclusively. I love the points.

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

There’s more to Prime than just shipping, there’s a streaming service and other stuff like discounts and special offers. If you’re in to that..... To me it’s just another way to spend money and I already do enough of that.

Yes, I was going to post about that. I was getting messages from Amazon as to why I wasn't using their streaming services? That's what tipped me off to the fact I was paying for something I wasn't even aware of. :mad:

capetrees

capetrees

Tree Freak
Bezos sucks. He's rich because we've become dependent on his service. Other companies are competing and often, you can get the things you're looking for, elsewhere, cheaper. Bought boots through Amazon, 1 month to get them They must get them from the cheapest vendor and in this case, the boots were mislabeled too small twice! Went with another company, perfect fit, delivered in 8 days and I think $25 cheaper, maybe $30.

F him. The more we become dependent upon him, the richer he gets and the less people oriented it all becomes.

We become suckers as he laughs all the way to the bank.

capetrees

capetrees

Tree Freak
After my phone conversation, I got an email with an actual link to contact Amazon by email. I think I'll give them a piece of my mind and maybe they'll give me $20 in Reward Points on my Rewards card for my trouble. Can't hurt to suggest it. I do have one of there cards that I use exclusively. I love the points.
you can get points on any card. I have two separate Capitol One cards, one for business and the other for personal. 2% back on each. What they're doing is making you buy from them as if there's no other place to buy from. And when you buy from an outside vendor, the typical 2% charge that the card companies get from the vendor goes to Amazon.

F him

capetrees

capetrees

Tree Freak
Yes, I was going to post about that. I was getting messages from Amazon as to why I wasn't using their streaming services? That's what tipped me off to the fact I was paying for something I wasn't even aware of. :mad:
I'd be more bothered by the fact that they're knowledgeable of your personal choices and habits.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Loving the Ignore Feature

Sorry for the rant.
Do I dare get started...? Okay.
First, I broke up with Amazon a couple years ago over an item I wanted to return, to a third-party-seller, that turned out to be a product of China... took three months, but I got my refund. Amazon hasn't gotten another penny from me since... until today... the knife I ordered from a seller on ebay was delivered today with an Amazon Fulfillment shipping label and Amazon "gift" receipt inside. :wtf:
Anyway, after several phone calls to both Amazon and ebay, that seller's been reported... like, a lot of good that's going to do. :confused:

Back to the topic of Amazon shipping time sucking... it's because they're in the midst of doing their own deliveries instead of letting the USPS do it.... who are having their own separate logistics issues.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Loving the Ignore Feature
Since the so called ''pandemic'' amazon has been hit hard with orders and the back log is long.
I ordered some baby chicks from Hoovers Hatchery when the shut down started and it was a 3 month wait.
I hope the chicks weren't "in transit" that long. :laugh:
We got some in a couple weeks ago - they shipped them out the Friday before a holiday weekend. DOA. :dizzy: