An interesting time helping my mother sell some properties

Help Support ArboristSite:

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
A long time ago I posted on here how my parents have so much property and old cars and land but don't do anything, I tried to get them to enjoy themselves and move into a beautiful house that they bought years ago but they won't budge and the response from you all was that they'll most likely do what they want to do and I can't change it and that is correct, I just wish they would've enjoyed themselves before some health issues set in but they didn't. About a month ago she called me and told me that a guy that used to cut the lawns (very small lawns) at two row homes that they owned that used to belong to my great grandparents and her aunt and uncle can't do it anymore and said "I guess I'll have to call around and hire someone else" and I blew up and said "absolutely not, I can cut them with a weed wacker they are so small, why are you hanging on to them for all these years, get rid of them!" as she had told me YEARS ago there is a realtor RIGHT NEXT TO THE HOUSES who wants to buy them to expand his offices but she didn't do anything about it. She calls and complains about all these things and I tell her "you know what the answer is, sell them!" but they are like sticks in the mud or like they fell in a hole years ago and can't climb out. Well, she shocked the heck out of me a few days later, called me and said that she called the realtor and wanted to go down and check out the houses and talk to him, I nearly fainted! These are two row homes and they have a 7 car garage out back and are 4 blocks from Lehigh University, they had thought they would fix them up and rent them to students which is a GREAT idea but all they did was have my father work on the one and then that was it, they just left it go, paid taxes on them all these years, paid people to cut grass and shovel snow (and they have several other places just like this!!!) but they sat empty, I have told them for years they are crazy "paying for ghosts to live there" and she admits it, she blames it on my father "he doesn't want to do anything about it", he blames it on her, but FINALLY she agreed that she had to get rid of these so we went down and went inside, looked around, took what was good, I had someone come in and buy some of the old clothing to sell at a vintage clothes shop, have someone coming in to auction some of the furniture, we're not making a lot of money on that but I want to see it used again instead of throwing it out and a few hundred bucks is a few hundred bucks, but we were there checking out the homes and we had 2 guys approach us at separate times and started talking to us and here these guys have been after my mom calling her for YEARS saying they are developing the homes around there and turning them into student rentals and want to buy hers too, for YEARS they have been saying they'd buy them! I told the one guy she is dealing with the realtor because they asked years ago and asked first, and he said "I'll pay you more than he will", the other guy also promised big bucks but he was a fast talker and dissed the first guy saying "he doesn't have money to close" and that was a lie as we found out so that and the fact that I heard his business partner say to a neighbor very quickly and loudly "is that your house? Do you want to sell it?!" made me realize this guy is a shark so he was out, but we worked with the realtor for reasons stated plus he could do everything for us from paying the lawyer to closing costs etc. and he went through them and appraised them and said he is always very accurate and close to what an appraiser would say so he looked at them and then gave us a ridiculously low offer of $125,000 but kept saying "if that's not good let me know, just tell me the amount" and I saw that my 80 year old mom was getting overwhelmed by this so we left and I said "we'll be in touch". We were working on that then she gets a notice from the Township that she has 15 days to do something about the fact that she has two vehicles on her driveway that aren't inspected, remember I said they have so many "toys"? So I had to get involved and handle that and I did, but that threw us off for a few days with this sale. But when I was down there one evening waiting for the people from this vintage clothing store to come look at the clothing the one developer was outside walking his dogs and started talking about the homes and I said she most likely will be going through the realtor and he asked "why?" and I told him and he said "I can do all of that paperwork and stuff too" and asked what his offer was and I told him he got mad and said "he's raping you!!!" and said that offer was an insult so I asked what price he would be talking about and he said "$300,000" :surprised3: :oops: He pulled out his phone and showed me that he uses realtor.com and showed us the homes and the garages listed at those prices, said he was willing to pay it because he will get his money back in rentals especially with the 7 car garage out back and I said "I thought maybe it was so low because the homes were old?" and he said I don't care if they're falling down inside!" so of course I told him I would discuss this with my mom and get back to him and I did, we met with him the next night and he calmly sat and talked to us and said that was his offer and encouraged us to tell the realtor and said "if he matches it we'll go $325,000". I also said we were a bit reluctant because that other realtor and his guys kept telling us "he doesn't have any money to close" but he reminded me how he had explained to us that it was just a few months ago because a deal fell through because someone pulled out from backing him because of Covid and he had a list of 28 homes that he bought in the last 5 years around there and had the prices listed and said he has 2 guys putting up the $200,000 and another guy putting up $100,000 so he is already there. I asked would it help to get the houses appraised but he had a good point and said that an appraiser would appraise them like the realtor did at a low value as single homes, but he said they are much more valuable to him because between the two homes he'll make 9-10 bedrooms so getting them appraised would be a waste of money and time and I agree, said the homes are solid and it helped no one was living in them to beat them up, he is offering a big price for this up front, no bs, so we thanked him and went over to the realtor and his eyes almost popped out lol, and he said "well he has different plans for them" and is looking at them differently (no kidding?!), stumbled around for a bit and then asked for just a few more days to talk to his father who is retired and other people so we said we'd listen to a counter offer and he knew this guy said $300,000 and came back with a LONG explanation of how they want to expand their office and are involved with the church across the street and active in the community and other things trying to play on our sympathies and make it look like they are such good people and will do good things so we should accept his offer of $225,000 :confused: :nofunny: I replied back "I get it, those are all noble things that you are doing, but you do realize that your offer is $75,000 lower right?" A few minutes later he calls me and tells me that he has another guy involved and "might be able to match it" and I reminded him that if he does their offer is then $325,000 and he said he'd see what he could do but I talked with mom and she thought about it for a day and said that was enough playing around, he doesn't have the money, the other guy does, she held true to her word from years ago that if they ever decided to sell them she would call them first and she did, but this other guy came in with a big price right away no games played so we went with him and it is in the process now, he is sending the agreement of sale to my parents lawyer and they are going in next Monday to talk with the lawyer so everything will be handled properly and they should close in about two months. And that was the last contact that I had with the realtor, I think he might've finally realized that he didn't have the funds to compete (which we find hard to believe since he has a big realty company) plus I think he realizes that we don't think too highly of him trying to lowball my mom so he is done!

Thanks if you read through this story, I just am amazed at how things work and am glad that she finally is letting go of these places and that they will be lived in and used again! Now I want to help her get rid of some other things but I can't push too fast, it is a lot for her at 80 and my father isn't any help so I have to push gently but know when to back off! But I am glad that we went slowly, we weren't going to take $125,000 for them and I am learning a lot, and am thankful that we didn't take that offer, if we did that and then this guy would've told us he would've paid $300,000 we would've done some bad, bad things to the realtor lol!!!!!

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Great read and good for you not pushing your mom too much. Good thing on waiting out too ide tell that realtor to shove it

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
A LOT of people wouldn't have even given him a second chance to counter offer I know, but we wanted to do it plus also we wanted to see his reaction lol! I knew that he probably wouldn't have said he could beat it, but he did tell me on the phone that when he talked to his father about it he said his father told him "give them what they want", so he comes back with still a lesser offer?! Bet his father loved that!

And I don't think that it was a coincidence that I ran into the developer that night, I think we had some "interference" from up above meaning family members who had passed and who lived there saying "we have to intervene, no way we can let it go for this amount" as I was supposed to meet the people to look at the clothes at 5:00 but she called and said they would be delayed! Had I not been standing outside waiting on them I would never had seen the developer! BUT, like I said we weren't going to say "okay" to that offer and most likely would've talked to him anyway, but I think it was cool that it went down that way!

Reactions: svk
Ted Jenkins
A long time ago I posted on here how my parents have so much property and old cars and land but don't do anything, I tried to get them to enjoy themselves and move into a beautiful house that they bought years ago but they won't budge and the response from you all was that they'll most likely do what they want to do and I can't change it and that is correct, I just wish they would've enjoyed themselves before some health issues set in but they didn't. About a month ago she called me and told me that a guy that used to cut the lawns (very small lawns) at two row homes that they owned that used to belong to my great grandparents and her aunt and uncle can't do it anymore and said "I guess I'll have to call around and hire someone else" and I blew up and said "absolutely not, I can cut them with a weed wacker they are so small, why are you hanging on to them for all these years, get rid of them!" as she had told me YEARS ago there is a realtor RIGHT NEXT TO THE HOUSES who wants to buy them to expand his offices but she didn't do anything about it. She calls and complains about all these things and I tell her "you know what the answer is, sell them!" but they are like sticks in the mud or like they fell in a hole years ago and can't climb out. Well, she shocked the heck out of me a few days later, called me and said that she called the realtor and wanted to go down and check out the houses and talk to him, I nearly fainted! These are two row homes and they have a 7 car garage out back and are 4 blocks from Lehigh University, they had thought they would fix them up and rent them to students which is a GREAT idea but all they did was have my father work on the one and then that was it, they just left it go, paid taxes on them all these years, paid people to cut grass and shovel snow (and they have several other places just like this!!!) but they sat empty, I have told them for years they are crazy "paying for ghosts to live there" and she admits it, she blames it on my father "he doesn't want to do anything about it", he blames it on her, but FINALLY she agreed that she had to get rid of these so we went down and went inside, looked around, took what was good, I had someone come in and buy some of the old clothing to sell at a vintage clothes shop, have someone coming in to auction some of the furniture, we're not making a lot of money on that but I want to see it used again instead of throwing it out and a few hundred bucks is a few hundred bucks, but we were there checking out the homes and we had 2 guys approach us at separate times and started talking to us and here these guys have been after my mom calling her for YEARS saying they are developing the homes around there and turning them into student rentals and want to buy hers too, for YEARS they have been saying they'd buy them! I told the one guy she is dealing with the realtor because they asked years ago and asked first, and he said "I'll pay you more than he will", the other guy also promised big bucks but he was a fast talker and dissed the first guy saying "he doesn't have money to close" and that was a lie as we found out so that and the fact that I heard his business partner say to a neighbor very quickly and loudly "is that your house? Do you want to sell it?!" made me realize this guy is a shark so he was out, but we worked with the realtor for reasons stated plus he could do everything for us from paying the lawyer to closing costs etc. and he went through them and appraised them and said he is always very accurate and close to what an appraiser would say so he looked at them and then gave us a ridiculously low offer of $125,000 but kept saying "if that's not good let me know, just tell me the amount" and I saw that my 80 year old mom was getting overwhelmed by this so we left and I said "we'll be in touch". We were working on that then she gets a notice from the Township that she has 15 days to do something about the fact that she has two vehicles on her driveway that aren't inspected, remember I said they have so many "toys"? So I had to get involved and handle that and I did, but that threw us off for a few days with this sale. But when I was down there one evening waiting for the people from this vintage clothing store to come look at the clothing the one developer was outside walking his dogs and started talking about the homes and I said she most likely will be going through the realtor and he asked "why?" and I told him and he said "I can do all of that paperwork and stuff too" and asked what his offer was and I told him he got mad and said "he's raping you!!!" and said that offer was an insult so I asked what price he would be talking about and he said "$300,000" :surprised3: :oops: He pulled out his phone and showed me that he uses realtor.com and showed us the homes and the garages listed at those prices, said he was willing to pay it because he will get his money back in rentals especially with the 7 car garage out back and I said "I thought maybe it was so low because the homes were old?" and he said I don't care if they're falling down inside!" so of course I told him I would discuss this with my mom and get back to him and I did, we met with him the next night and he calmly sat and talked to us and said that was his offer and encouraged us to tell the realtor and said "if he matches it we'll go $325,000". I also said we were a bit reluctant because that other realtor and his guys kept telling us "he doesn't have any money to close" but he reminded me how he had explained to us that it was just a few months ago because a deal fell through because someone pulled out from backing him because of Covid and he had a list of 28 homes that he bought in the last 5 years around there and had the prices listed and said he has 2 guys putting up the $200,000 and another guy putting up $100,000 so he is already there. I asked would it help to get the houses appraised but he had a good point and said that an appraiser would appraise them like the realtor did at a low value as single homes, but he said they are much more valuable to him because between the two homes he'll make 9-10 bedrooms so getting them appraised would be a waste of money and time and I agree, said the homes are solid and it helped no one was living in them to beat them up, he is offering a big price for this up front, no bs, so we thanked him and went over to the realtor and his eyes almost popped out lol, and he said "well he has different plans for them" and is looking at them differently (no kidding?!), stumbled around for a bit and then asked for just a few more days to talk to his father who is retired and other people so we said we'd listen to a counter offer and he knew this guy said $300,000 and came back with a LONG explanation of how they want to expand their office and are involved with the church across the street and active in the community and other things trying to play on our sympathies and make it look like they are such good people and will do good things so we should accept his offer of $225,000 :confused: :nofunny: I replied back "I get it, those are all noble things that you are doing, but you do realize that your offer is $75,000 lower right?" A few minutes later he calls me and tells me that he has another guy involved and "might be able to match it" and I reminded him that if he does their offer is then $325,000 and he said he'd see what he could do but I talked with mom and she thought about it for a day and said that was enough playing around, he doesn't have the money, the other guy does, she held true to her word from years ago that if they ever decided to sell them she would call them first and she did, but this other guy came in with a big price right away no games played so we went with him and it is in the process now, he is sending the agreement of sale to my parents lawyer and they are going in next Monday to talk with the lawyer so everything will be handled properly and they should close in about two months. And that was the last contact that I had with the realtor, I think he might've finally realized that he didn't have the funds to compete (which we find hard to believe since he has a big realty company) plus I think he realizes that we don't think too highly of him trying to lowball my mom so he is done!

Thanks if you read through this story, I just am amazed at how things work and am glad that she finally is letting go of these places and that they will be lived in and used again! Now I want to help her get rid of some other things but I can't push too fast, it is a lot for her at 80 and my father isn't any help so I have to push gently but know when to back off! But I am glad that we went slowly, we weren't going to take $125,000 for them and I am learning a lot, and am thankful that we didn't take that offer, if we did that and then this guy would've told us he would've paid $300,000 we would've done some bad, bad things to the realtor lol!!!!!

You sound like me when I have had two extra cups of coffee. Thanks

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
Good story. Glad your folks were open to making wise decisions, and that people came along to offer more.
And keep in mind, that the guy was HAPPY to pay $300K for the house. I bet he wouldn't be so happy but possibly WILLING to pay $350K or more.
It pays to do your homework, and to have a realtor who is trustworthy.

kyle1!

kyle1!

ArboristSite Guru
Yep, If they want them that bad $500K would be my price. You can always go down on price if they don't sell. Also maybe not a bad idea to find a lawyer to keep things organized and to be the front person so you don't have to deal with all that crap.

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
$150k per house!!! Thats what places like that were going for around here 35 years ago.

Just a hint, when you write long stories, use paragraphs and white space. Makes it easier for the reader. The easier for the reader, the more likely they'll read it.
Well maybe around your place they were going for that but not two row homes built in 1900 that no one has lived in for 26 years or more here.....How can you even formulate an idea about them when you didn't even see them? And we checked them out on the many realtor sites and most of them weren't even giving what this guy was willing to pay for them, most rating them at around $75,000.

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good story. Glad your folks were open to making wise decisions, and that people came along to offer more.
And keep in mind, that the guy was HAPPY to pay $300K for the house. I bet he wouldn't be so happy but possibly WILLING to pay $350K or more.
It pays to do your homework, and to have a realtor who is trustworthy.
I'm not so sure about that, he gave us a list of 28 homes that he bought in the last 5 years so we could compare them and it checked out that his price was very good, we didn't want to keep extending this and then he says "forget it", the site that he used to pick his price from was by far the one that quoted the best price for them and the garages, we checked many sites out and this was just fine. He told us that when they want something they pay top price for it so they get it and I know that he outbids the competition by quite a lot, some of them told us that so we/she is fine with that, these homes are small row homes built in 1900 and the garages are very small and it all needs work.

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yep, If they want them that bad $500K would be my price. You can always go down on price if they don't sell. Also maybe not a bad idea to find a lawyer to keep things organized and to be the front person so you don't have to deal with all that crap.
These are two row homes built in 1900 and garages that are very small and all in need of work, they would've never went for a price like that or close to it, what we got for what we sold is very fair. And they are using their own lawyer and the developer is paying for him.

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
I'm not so sure about that, he gave us a list of 28 homes that he bought in the last 5 years so we could compare them and it checked out that his price was very good, we didn't want to keep extending this and then he says "forget it", the site that he used to pick his price from was by far the one that quoted the best price for them and the garages, we checked many sites out and this was just fine. He told us that when they want something they pay top price for it so they get it and I know that he outbids the competition by quite a lot, some of them told us that so we/she is fine with that, these homes are small row homes built in 1900 and the garages are very small and it all needs work.

Interesting. That's completely backwards of how most business investors work - buy low and sell high. This guy buys high! But of course, rental property pays off so much more in the long run that it really doesn't matter how much you pay for the house.

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Interesting. That's completely backwards of how most business investors work - buy low and sell high. This guy buys high! But of course, rental property pays off so much more in the long run that it really doesn't matter how much you pay for the house.
Exactly! That's why we didn't want to waste anymore time talking to other builders who we knew wouldn't come close to his offer, he told us that he outbid one of the other guys who talked to us by $200,000 on a recent deal because he wanted the place! He also told us he plans on putting additions onto the houses and might even build an apartment above the garage, this is a young guy who has his stuff together!

stihlaficionado
Well maybe around your place they were going for that but not two row homes built in 1900 that no one has lived in for 26 years or more here.....How can you even formulate an idea about them when you didn't even see them? And we checked them out on the many realtor sites and most of them weren't even giving what this guy was willing to pay for them, most rating them at around $75,000.

British Columbia housing market has been ridiculously over priced for years...ditto for much of California.
For years Vancouver was the poster child for rich Chinese looking to make a foothold

Regional differences can be eye-opening. All those souls that sell their 1000 sq ft home in San Pedro, Ca. for $700,000 to $1,000,000
can easily afford a 5,000 sq ft house in Champaign-Urbana

Glad to hear you are making progress.

It is really challenging to get people to part with their "treasures" be it land, buildings, cars, valuables, or just plain junk. I have been there.

Four years ago I negotiated a deal to sell my mother's house while she was in the process of moving into assisted living. With mental health issues she was a loose cannon and every time documents needed to be signed there was the risk she might just cancel the whole deal. She had an offer on the home months before and had turned it down and taken the house off the market even though she needed to sell. We finally got her to give Power of Attorney to my cousin so he could sign the remaining docs. In the end we ended up selling the the couple who had made the original offer (and only offer in 2.5 years on the market) and were able to get a little more out of it.

The other thing that is really hard for me to understand is when people who have the $$ to do things to make their retirement easier/more simple but refuse to because it costs money. I have seen many folks pass and leave 7 figure estates to their kids after pinching pennies their entire lives.

I like the old saying..."fly first class because if you don't your kids will"

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Glad to hear you are making progress.

It is really challenging to get people to part with their "treasures" be it land, buildings, cars, valuables, or just plain junk. I have been there.

Four years ago I negotiated a deal to sell my mother's house while she was in the process of moving into assisted living. With mental health issues she was a loose cannon and every time documents needed to be signed there was the risk she might just cancel the whole deal. She had an offer on the home months before and had turned it down and taken the house off the market even though she needed to sell. We finally got her to give Power of Attorney to my cousin so he could sign the remaining docs. In the end we ended up selling the the couple who had made the original offer (and only offer in 2.5 years on the market) and were able to get a little more out of it.
You most likely responded to my thread years ago saying the same thing, how my parents have so much property and cars and land etc. but aren't doing anything with it which is of course their choice but it is insane to pay taxes and hire people to cut grass and shovel snow for "ghosts", but I couldn't get through to them about it so I basically quit talking about it and figured that I'd deal with it when the time comes as I am p.o.a. and executor, but when she was complaining about these homes and garages like I said in post #1 I kind of strongly once again said my thing, and this time she actually agreed and decided that it was time to act on it and we did, and like I tried telling some of these guys on here who thought it was a low price it was a very good price considering the age and the work needed to be done, if they were mine I would've been very happy with $300,000 for them so that's good, plus at 80 years old and with some issues she doesn't have the stamina to haggle a lot with people so I said that I understood and if you are happy with that I think it is more than fair, obviously if I think she is getting taken over I speak up but this is good.

I am now trying to slowly move her along into getting rid of some of the other things on the "list", but have to go at a pace that she is okay with, not warp speed like I would try to clean it up but not a glacier's pace either lol!

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
The other thing that is really hard for me to understand is when people who have the $$ to do things to make their retirement easier/more simple but refuse to because it costs money. I have seen many folks pass and leave 7 figure estates to their kids after pinching pennies their entire lives.

Exactly!! I sat and talked to them heart to heart about 6 years ago, gave it all my best and best shot and told them "I just want to see you enjoy yourselves while you can, before something happens that you can't"....well, 3 years ago it turns out that they found lesions on my father's left side of his brain, some days he is just fine, you wouldn't know it, and other days he isn't real good. Two years ago my mother had seizures from taking too much migraine headache pills for too many years, I wrestled her for YEARS saying she was addicted to them and she of course denied it and said "I know what I'm doing", but she was admitted for a few days and they put her on meds to PREVENT them in the first place so she is much better than she was but they also found out she has AFIB so while she is doing pretty good she is tired a lot from the meds and everything so I have to push but then back off and I told her that; I said "if you'd give me free reign to take care of things I'd clean it ALL up for you", but as you said they can't do that for some reason. They have so much but aren't so happy, the wife and I have little and are pretty happy, go figure....but they could've done just about ANYTHING that they wanted to but didn't, my father never really wanted to do much even before he had this happen, she didn't much either and you can talk until you can't talk anymore, they are going to do what THEY want to do, I was told that in the thread about this years ago, and it is true.

But for her to FINALLY agree that they should cut loose and sell these 2 row homes and the garages was a HUGE step!!!!!!

Reactions: svk
Exactly!! I sat and talked to them heart to heart about 6 years ago, gave it all my best and best shot and told them "I just want to see you enjoy yourselves while you can, before something happens that you can't"....well, 3 years ago it turns out that they found lesions on my father's left side of his brain, some days he is just fine, you wouldn't know it, and other days he isn't real good. Two years ago my mother had seizures from taking too much migraine headache pills for too many years, I wrestled her for YEARS saying she was addicted to them and she of course denied it and said "I know what I'm doing", but she was admitted for a few days and they put her on meds to PREVENT them in the first place so she is much better than she was but they also found out she has AFIB so while she is doing pretty good she is tired a lot from the meds and everything so I have to push but then back off and I told her that; I said "if you'd give me free reign to take care of things I'd clean it ALL up for you", but as you said they can't do that for some reason. They have so much but aren't so happy, the wife and I have little and are pretty happy, go figure....but they could've done just about ANYTHING that they wanted to but didn't, my father never really wanted to do much even before he had this happen, she didn't much either and you can talk until you can't talk anymore, they are going to do what THEY want to do, I was told that in the thread about this years ago, and it is true.

But for her to FINALLY agree that they should cut loose and sell these 2 row homes and the garages was a HUGE step!!!!!!
Agreed, take baby steps.

I remember we were cleaning out my grandma's house and my aunt was going through the closet. As my grandma got older she lost quite a bit of weight and had the guest bedroom closet full of clothes that were about 10 sizes too big. On top of that, the stuff my aunt wanted her to throw away were the faux denim pants suits that women wore in the 70's (this was the early 2000's and she must have had 12 sets of them. "I'M NOT READY TO GET RID OF THOSE!!" "Mom, those are size 22!" I still laugh about listening to that conversation.

stihlaficionado

I'm going to disagree just a wee bit.

It's fine in my book if the kids "fly first class" when we pass on, though I would hope they have better sense than to piss away
their inheritance.

Both our kids worked summer jobs growing up (many of their friends parents instead giving their kids hefty allowances so they didn't need to).
They made their way with not that much help from us. They wanted to do it on their own. We paid for their educations & it basically stopped there.

I'm of the school that believes that the $ should be doled out throughout their lives as well.
As they get into their 30s & 40s etc they will have many expenses that we may be able to help them with.

avason

avason

Addicted to ArboristSite
TL; DR
Just kidding. Glad it is working out for you. I live between to Universities. Uconn and Eastern Connecticut State University. They are about 4 miles aways each and I am smack in the middle. Those guys developing the apartments for students know what they are doing and do it well. I'm guessing, eventually, all the houses on that block and others will be sold so they will rent out. Capital gains on $300,000 is really going to stink. Again...glad it is working our for you Les.

Latest posts