Anniversary Present From Wife.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husqvarna also has a 435 rear handle, the "T" in 435T denotes it as a Top Handle;)

The last 2 digits indicates the Nominal CC size of the saw

435 40.9cc detuned 440, I believe

440 40.9cc

445 Used to be 45.7 IIRC, around 2016/17 it got bumped up to 50.2cc, detuned 450, I believe

450 50.2cc

455 55.5cc

460 60.3cc

Doug :cheers:
How do you know the pro saws from the homeowner grade? Odds and evens?

How do you know the pro saws from the homeowner grade? Odds and evens?

The Pro saws, generally have the XP designation following the lettering, but there are a few exceptions, such as the 540T is a pro grade saw

There are some other "In Betweens" as well, like my old 353, it's not an XP series saw, but it does have the Magnesium Crankcase, I believe the 545 and 555 are the same way, some of the pro features, but not XP saws

even the 4XX series saws are reputed to be better than one might expect from their price point, the 450 and 455 in particular

Warranty. At my husky dealer you can get up to 3 years warranty on a home owner saw 6 months on a pro saw

Actually, unless they have changed it, Standard warranty is 2 years, but can extend it to 3 years, IF you purchase 6 bottles of Husqvarna 2 stroke oil ON the SAME receipt as the saw, the warranty can be extended up to 4 years if you buy 3 cans of Husqvarna Pre Mix Fuel, ON the SAME Receipt as the saw

But honestly, I have had Huskies for almost 30 years, and have NEVER needed to use a warranty yet

I have just been through buying a new T saw in addition to the one I have from before and here is my opinion, it's not based on that a real saw should be all metal to be a good saw - which I think is absolute bollocks.

The saw I have from before is a AL-KO 25cc that is the famous Zenoah design, I guess there is a license in place for this because AL-KO is a big German company and my guess is they keep their living room tidy.
This is a 3kg saw at only 0,9kw, and I can only say that I'm impressed with how good it is to use and how efficient it cuts - if you use it for branches that is what it is designed for.
It is outsourced made (China) and it is not the most solid quality compared to the more expensive alternatives.

Recently I bought a new T saw because I was a little worried that my old one would not last too long, the threads in the oil/fuel tank is getting poor and I did not know of a good solution to it.
My choice for a new saw was Echo, they seem to me specialized on T saws and the quality is excellent compared to anything. I bought a 3,6kg saw because I have gotten some bad influence on this forum.
I'm most happy with it - but it's just too heavy to replace what the 3kg saw is.

You might be happy with any of the saws you have in your binoculars but my advice is to keep the Echo 271 T, because 3kg is perfect.
A little more to hold on to is quite ok, if it has a little bigger fuel tank then that is a "huge" plus - compared to the tiny baby saw.

I wonder why the OP was hugging that CS-271T every time he hit the store....:surprised3:

I do not remember a single Husqvarna tophandle I liked... sold them all.
But I still have 2 Echo and 1 Zenoah tophandle which I probably will be using for years to come.

Me I would keep the Echo 5 year warranty to start off with, Second a gift from wife. Ya I have heard that and fell into that trap. Never any end to the I went and spent my time for what you wanted and got rid of in in 2 dang days.

:D Al

Me I would keep the Echo 5 year warranty to start off with, Second a gift from wife. Ya I have heard that and fell into that trap. Never any end to the I went and spent my time for what you wanted and got rid of in in 2 dang days.

:D Al
I'm not worried about her. She shopped around and said she was actually looking for the 2511 without me even mentioning it.

I would pull the carb limiters, do a muffler mod, retune, then run the piss out of it.

I look at it the way I see trucks and shotguns:
  • Ford, Chevy - always jockying for 1st place, Ram just makes a good truck.
  • Remington, Mossberg... Ithaca just makes a good shotgun.
  • Husqvarna, Stihl.... Echo just makes a good saw.

Echo's warranty is 5 years on paper, but they will void the warranty if you do anything or USE anything on/in the saw that is not listed in the manual (different brand plug, oil, etc), even if the failure is not in any way due to the "outlaw" part. (oil pump fails, Bosch plug instead of the factory specified NGK, warranty void) With that said, you will likely never need to use the warranty anyway. Their stuff is well designed and well built.

BTW, congrats on finding a REALLY good woman and being smart enough to marry her. :numberone:

I'm leaning towards keeping the saw. As much as I would like the 201T, I could never justify the cost, the same applies to any of the pro Husky saws.
I would pull the carb limiters, do a muffler mod, retune, then run the piss out of it.

I look at it the way I see trucks and shotguns:
  • Ford, Chevy - always jockying for 1st place, Ram just makes a good truck.
  • Remington, Mossberg... Ithaca just makes a good shotgun.
  • Husqvarna, Stihl.... Echo just makes a good saw.

Echo's warranty is 5 years on paper, but they will void the warranty if you do anything or USE anything on/in the saw that is not listed in the manual (different brand plug, oil, etc), even if the failure is not in any way due to the "outlaw" part. (oil pump fails, Bosch plug instead of the factory specified NGK, warranty void) With that said, you will likely never need to use the warranty anyway. Their stuff is well designed and well built.

BTW, congrats on finding a REALLY good woman and being smart enough to marry her. :numberone:
Thank you. She is awesome!

I'm leaning towards keeping the saw. As much as I would like the 201T, I could never justify the cost, the same applies to any of the pro Husky saws....

Well consider this; my Echo 3,6 kg T saw is just lovely and it can actually do much of the same work as my Hus445, the thing is that for those kind of jobs I would prefer a rear handle.
However, it can not replace my 3 kg T saw. If I had the founds then the saw you already have would be my first choice, that or the original Zenoah. My guess is that Echo is a step ahead though.

Well I hate the thought of keeping the underpowered big brother of the saw I really want, so I went hunting. I found a 2511 nearby, but the saw is $90 more than the 271. Is it worth the extra $90? That's what I am trying to figure out now.

Well I hate the thought of keeping the underpowered big brother of the saw I really want, so I went hunting. I found a 2511 nearby, but the saw is $90 more than the 271. Is it worth the extra $90? That's what I am trying to figure out now.

Under powered? please explain.

Latest posts

Back