Another Had To Put My Dog Down Post........

Help Support ArboristSite:

Dave Hadden

Dave Hadden

Addicted to ArboristSite
Put my dog down Tuesday morning and have been getting past that as well as surviving the heat wave we've just had.

Rather than re-write a remembrance, here's a link to the story I've posted elsewhere.

I suspect most of you have had a dog at one time or another, as I have, and it's always tough when it's time to say goodbye.

Been really tough this time.

Take care.

lone wolf
Put my dog down Tuesday morning and have been getting past that as well as surviving the heat wave we've just had.

Rather than re-write a remembrance, here's a link to the story I've posted elsewhere.

I suspect most of you have had a dog at one time or another, as I have, and it's always tough when it's time to say goodbye.

Take care.
Sorry for your loss .

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Looking for the Light in the Darkness

Take care.
Oh, Dave, so sorry you've lost your little Buddy. My heart aches for you.
That story you posted on the other site was very nice, a great tribute to your BFF.
15 1/2 years is quite an accomplishment and a testament to all the TLC he received.

I'd like to share with you something my new-found Rabbi said, speaking about the loss of a loved one...

He said when they pass, there is a huge ditch left inside us. He described it like having a ditch in your house - trying to get from one room to the other, you keep falling in the ditch. Navigating a normal day, following a usual routine, you fall into that ditch when a memory is triggered.
But, eventually, you learn to walk around the ditch. It never goes away and sometimes even after many years, during holidays, or remembering a special occasion, you will still fall into the ditch.

He says it so much better than I can, but it's a very good analogy, I think.
Embrace the memories. :heart:

grizz55chev

Take care.
Never gets any easier, is right. Hope it wasn't painful for him!

Dave Hadden

Dave Hadden

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks everyone.
I appreciate the comments and they do help.
It's funny the little things I catch myself still doing, part of the things that were so common to us after 10 years together.
He'd lurk under my chair, waiting for an errant biscuit to wander within range, so I'd dangle my arm over the side and then feel his gentle nose checking my hand, just in case there was one there.

Last night, as I was finishing an ice cream bar, I left a bit on the stick, as usual, intending to dangle my arm over the side so he could lick it off, but then caught myself. Stuff like that happens. I look over to where his water dish was, checking to see if it needs fresh water, but there's no dish there now, only the memory of it.
I miss the sounds he made when he wanted attention, his little sharp bark and the tilted head quizzical look he'd give me, followed by the universal dog "play bow" stretch that indicates it's all for fun.

We had down and dirty extended battles over biscuits when I'd put one down then claim it was mine and he couldn't have it. He would work so diligently to get past my two fingered defense of the biscuit it would crack me up sometimes. We'd both make all the appropriate noises, growling and howling and yowling at each other as the battle raged. Naturally he always won in the end and scored his treat.

Thanks for bearing with me a bit as it helps me when I type out some memories from being Buddy's Man-servant, and each memory makes me smile and that helps a lot.
Here we are back in 2010 or so rowing my 10' Davidson dinghy in the Tyee Pool.
He was keeping an eye out for big salmon.

DaBuddyBoat.jpg

grizz55chev
Thanks everyone.
I appreciate the comments and they do help.
It's funny the little things I catch myself still doing, part of the things that were so common to us after 10 years together.
He'd lurk under my chair, waiting for an errant biscuit to wander within range, so I'd dangle my arm over the side and then feel his gentle nose checking my hand, just in case there was one there.

Last night, as I was finishing an ice cream bar, I left a bit on the stick, as usual, intending to dangle my arm over the side so he could lick it off, but then caught myself. Stuff like that happens. I look over to where his water dish was, checking to see if it needs fresh water, but there's no dish there now, only the memory of it.
I miss the sounds he made when he wanted attention, his little sharp bark and the tilted head quizzical look he'd give me, followed by the universal dog "play bow" stretch that indicates it's all for fun.

We had down and dirty extended battles over biscuits when I'd put one down then claim it was mine and he couldn't have it. He would work so diligently to get past my two fingered defense of the biscuit it would crack me up sometimes. We'd both make all the appropriate noises, growling and howling and yowling at each other as the battle raged. Naturally he always won in the end and scored his treat.

Thanks for bearing with me a bit as it helps me when I type out some memories from being Buddy's Man-servant, and each memory makes me smile and that helps a lot.
Here we are back in 2010 or so rowing my 10' Davidson dinghy in the Tyee Pool.
He was keeping an eye out for big salmon.

View attachment 916309
Fishing Buddie, nice!