Another idea for portable wood stacking (Home-built). Plus transporting 2 cords, storage in the wet PNW, and a Farmi Winch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerScout

Reaction score
I've been a mostly silent lurker here for awhile now. Great forum!! Lots of solid ideas and hard working folks!
We're on a Logging Tree Farm in SW Washington.
I get exactly 1/2 Cord stacked in these home-made totes. They are stackable 2 high. Welded 2 inch angle iron with scrap pipe for bracing & supports. Hog Fencing so the wood can breathe. My Tractor won't even think about picking them up, but the 95XT Skidsteer will pick them up stacked in doubles
Firewood Tote.jpg

The Farmi Winch is kind of amazing! I am genuinely a fan. I have winches on 3 of my other rigs, and grew up w legit logging equipment. I am super impressed with what a small tractor can do with this setup!

Farmi Winch.jpg

With the sides we built, we get 2.13 Cords stacked. My Son is getting raised right out here in the Country!

Firewood Transport Trailer.jpg

Hog Fence sides to let the wood breathe. Out here in SW Wa, it's hard to store Douglas Fir outside long term. Damn bugs & moisture is a pain in da butt. This works well for the firewood we sell during the rainy Winter months.
We stack logs on top of pallets all winter while the sap is down, then cut them up in the Spring and let the wood sit out in the sun & wind. The Shed is only for the wood that I want to sell over the Winter for premium. I can get 12-16 cords in the Shed depending on how tall I stack. In this pic, I had 12 put away

Firewood Storage.jpg

Back