Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mark
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
And sometimes the saws find you.
I bought another saw off this guy a few years ago and he wasn't ready to part with this one at the time.
He contacted me just after new years ready to clean out his basement.
From what he said this one and the Hornet i got were used his Dad when they cleared their farm.
Tough guys back then

IMG_20230313_071426.jpgMy Disston DO-100.
The biggest challenge was getting the components in the fuel metering unit to function properly. It works similar to mechanical fuel injection as it controls the amount of fuel returned to the tank to operate the saw. The extra push that I give on the back of the handle before and after the cut is done to engage and disengage the manual clutch.
View attachment VID_20230314015804.mp4

View attachment 1066083My Disston DO-100.
The biggest challenge was getting the components in the fuel metering unit to function properly. It works similar to mechanical fuel injection as it controls the amount of fuel returned to the tank to operate the saw. The extra push that I give on the back of the handle before and after the cut is done to engage and disengage the manual clutch.
View attachment 1066082
Thats insane man, great work!

I bought a Lancaster L-37 almost a yr.& a half ago.I messed with it for a while,actually got it running once after I put a chip in it,then wouldn't restart for nothing.It has great compression & had good sp[ark too.It has a cracked AF cover with a piece missing from it.I posted on a FB page about a good AF cover & a guy responded saying he had one.When I asked how much he wanted I almost had a stroke,he told me over $100! If anyone would have the AF cover for the L-37 I wouldn't mind buying it at a fair price.

Latest posts

Back