Any "safe" starting fluid for a saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure what you are reading but I never said that at all. It would be best to go back read what you typed, read what I typed, then read what you typed. WOW WOW
by that logic putting a supercharger on a big block chevy and running nitro methane should never ever be done, But it works rather well and lots of folks seem to have a whole lot of fun doing it
Did you seriously type that or are you just trying to be sarcastic? If you are serious then I really question if you have any knowledge of engines, fuel, and lubrication. You definately have no knowledge of race engines and longevity.

Seriously bill, you need to either get a better monocle, or maybe see a neurologist.

Any safe starting fluid for a reluctant saw? WD40 maybe?

When dealing with a reluctant saw it is wise to check for spark and fuel. Since I find it very difficult to check for spark while also trying to pull the cord, it crossed my mind to give the saw a snort of something, to help diagnose.

But pretty reluctant to try "starter fluid" since it has no lube. Even for "just a couple seconds" of running. Just looking to make it snarl for a second or two, to prove spark, then dig into why no mix is getting there.
Pull plug, ground and check spark. If fuel related, drain fuel, use Rec fuel with proper oil mix and recommend Seafoam added to fuel. Short from rebuilding a carb, Seafoam works great. It was our go to in the ATV shop. I use in all my gas cans as a preventative and for moisture. Zero problems since adding to fuel cans. Working great in my Husky, Poulan, Redmax, Stihl and my neighbors Stihls.

Pull plug, ground and check spark. If fuel related, drain fuel, use Rec fuel with proper oil mix and recommend Seafoam added to fuel. Short from rebuilding a carb, Seafoam works great. It was our go to in the ATV shop. I use in all my gas cans as a preventative and for moisture. Zero problems since adding to fuel cans. Working great in my Husky, Poulan, Redmax, Stihl and my neighbors Stihls.

How much seafoam? And what kind?

Yup ,known as the "F-code" for t-birds and police Monterey's.
But it was a centrifugal supercharger made by Paxton.
A good friend's dad had a fairly rare E code. Bought it in the late 60's. Sat in his barn for probably 40 years before He finally got around to restoring it. I helped him build a rotisserie for the body and sandblasted and painted the frame for him once we had the body off. I think he may have gotten one summer worth of enjoyment from it before he got cancer and died...
What a beautiful car though.

Latest posts

Back