Anyone had manufacturing defect in stihl or pferd 2 in 1?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to hear how what chain came on the saw made them go out of business. I can't think of a time I bought a new saw where I didn't have to ask the dealer to put rs on it or throw the safty/low kickback chain in the trash after I got home. Kinda std practice to sell a saw with junk chain.

I can't think of a time I bought a new saw where I didn't have to ask the dealer to put rs on it or throw the safty/low kickback chain in the trash after I got home. Kinda std practice to sell a saw with junk chain.

I'm surprised you don't have a better dealer around you. My Stihl dealer won't put safety chain on unless you specifically ask for it. Maybe I'm lucky because he's been in business for 50 years and all the local tree service companies go there. He also has 500i's on the shelf ready to go, and I hear stories of people on wait lists for them. Regional issues I guess...

I'd love to hear how what chain came on the saw made them go out of business. I can't think of a time I bought a new saw where I didn't have to ask the dealer to put rs on it or throw the safty/low kickback chain in the trash after I got home. Kinda std practice to sell a saw with junk chain.
Your dealer has pro saws with green chains on them? Ours has the yellow rs on all the pros.

I'm surprised you don't have a better dealer around you. My Stihl dealer won't put safety chain on unless you specifically ask for it. Maybe I'm lucky because he's been in business for 50 years and all the local tree service companies go there. He also has 500i's on the shelf ready to go, and I hear stories of people on wait lists for them. Regional issues I guess...
Yeah. My 500i came with RS chain. And I only paid $1180 for the saw!

Could just be the dealers around here then. Did the same with the 562xp and 390xp I bought years ago from them. The other dealer I dealt with at the township did the same thing. Always a safty chain on the saws unless I requested rs.

Back