Anyone purchase a forester piston and cylinder kit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvr-enuf

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Here is my issue. I have a husky 365 special - love the saw, only owed it for a couple years, awesome power but heavy when cutting 12" diameter and under.

I also have a husky 50 special. Bought it used, decent deal. Weight is nice, couple lbs lightermthan the 365. I looked in the cylinder thru the exhaust port and noticed the wall has some nasty scores on it. Dealer said don't throw too much money at it due to the cylinder.

Pa has a still ms1 something, I think a 190 or a 170. Nice little saw but made cheap. I have smoked the original bar, chain groove became v shaped. New bar has gotten so hot it turned blue. Leaks chain oil when stored. I am really not impressed. It does have power but cheaply made. I love the weight. Have no idea what he paid for it

For my 50 special, I found for $70 a forester nicksil coated piston and cylinder kit.

Are theses decent? Any good? Do they start with husky cylinders or are do theybcastbtheir own?

I thought about buying a new saw to replace this but most I find are over 10.3 lbs and my tastes are expensive. Thought about 346xp, I really like the 338xp with rear handle, dealer suggested an echo 5 something "p"

Let me know on the forester kits - maybe I can save the 50 special for a while

PM Chad (lumberjackchef) on here, he is a dealer and been building some saws with them,
he will let you know how good they are :)

Back