Arborist Tool Belt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVERY pole saw is telecopic, so its 5' long with the blade, and goes over your shoulder....the small tools go in a bag. When you are done walking "blocks"?? to simply do ground pruning, you are carrying a single pole, and a tool bag

OR you can wear a belt with 3 simple tools hanging from it, and appear to all rather an odd fellow. I presume once the pruning is done, you won't be back til next year, so unless you are a wandering pruner, keep it simple. Hands full of poles??

In what world is every pole saw telescopic? I don’t have any telescoping poles any longer because they just aren’t that practical. Carrying three 6’ poles over my shoulder from tree to tree is plenty. And I don’t want to put a tool bag down in the snow all day.

If you don’t have anything helpful to offer maybe don’t tell me not to want what I’m trying to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m looking for a tool belt I can use while doing tree trimming from the ground. I need to be able to attach hand saws & pruners but I don’t always want to wear my climbing harness. Has anyone seen a product like this?

Look up battle belts/war belts. Normally used with magazine, medical, admin etc pouches attached for "tactical" uses, but it'd work well for what you're talking about too.
https://gadsdendynamics.com/war-belt/
https://gadsdendynamics.com/utility-clip/

In what world is every pole saw telescopic? I don’t have any telescoping poles any longer because they just aren’t that practical. Carrying three 6’ poles over my shoulder from tree to tree is plenty. And I don’t want to put a tool bag down in the snow all day.

If you don’t have anything helpful to offer maybe don’t tell me not to want what I’m trying to find.

Yeah, well, if your locking 3 J poles together and calling yourself an arborist... maybe should have posted this in 101

Yeah, well, if your locking 3 J poles together and calling yourself an arborist... maybe should have posted this in 101

What is it with you guys being assholes in here? Do I need to post my ****ing degree and years of service to get a question answered honestly or are you just like this in general?

Does your Notch scabbard have mounting wings? The one I looked up does. I mount this on my lower led for climbing and on the ground with a Silky. It's very comfortable and secure.

https://www.treestuff.com/notch-talon-handsaw-leg-mount/

Thanks. I’m considering moving to this style saw instead of the wooden handle with leather scabbard. If I do I’m going to get these mounts.

Thanks. I’m considering moving to this style saw instead of the wooden handle with leather scabbard. If I do I’m going to get these mounts.

It may work well on a leather scabbard without wings, especially if you don't have a saw lock. I noticed the pads are very grippy against the plastic scabbard.

Google "Leather Key Fob" Should find a leather loop with a keyring on it. The leather loop goes on any "toolbelt", the scabbard clips to the ring. Any toolbelt will work. I used an old nylon one with a clip, but I own leather ones with buckles that put carpenter bags on, for carpentry. The belts are inexpensive.

Google "Leather Key Fob" Should find a leather loop with a keyring on it. The leather loop goes on any "toolbelt", the scabbard clips to the ring. Any toolbelt will work. I used an old nylon one with a clip, but I own leather ones with buckles that put carpenter bags on, for carpentry. The belts are inexpensive.

Thanks for the tip!

What is it with you guys being assholes in here? Do I need to post my ****ing degree and years of service to get a question answered honestly or are you just like this in general?
When someone posts an honest question, try to help them or just skip over the post. If you think they are heading in the wrong direction, post your advice - that in itself is helpful. But don't turn it into an ad hominem attack. That doesn't help anyone and will run off those who really want some guidance. (Exception: trolls; but they are best ignored anyway)

Are you suggesting "real" arborists don't use pole pruners???

He didn't say it, but it sounds like @forstmeister is talking about young tree training? (at least that is what I am doing when I walk a stretch of road with a pole pruner, hand saw, and hand pruners.) Does that not count?

He didn't say it, but it sounds like @forstmeister is talking about young tree training? (at least that is what I am doing when I walk a stretch of road with a pole pruner, hand saw, and hand pruners.) Does that not count?

This is exactly what I’m talking about. I contract out most of my big tree work and do small tree trimming and training in house with my small crew. I’m a city forester if that wasn’t obvious yet.

I'm suggesting stacking 3 j poles together doesn't lend itself to quality pruning

I made this from an old tree austria tree harness with the leg loops removed and petzl caritool mounted and some army webb suspenders. Thats a ms661 which is overkill weight wise and I dont do much cutting in the bathroom usually but the light was good

In really deep slash or very steep ground its nice to be able to quickly rack the saw and have both arms free to move brush or help claw up a hillside.
oBHY4BN.jpg

This is my Tsurgi and secateurs, a piece of flattened out PVC pipe attachced with zip ties. and the band around the handles is clear tube over zip ties. you have to close them to be holstered but will NOT come out unless you close them up and pull em.
In 2 years I think I have dropped the secateurs maybe 4 times.

QxiCM3l.jpg

I'm suggesting stacking 3 j poles together doesn't lend itself to quality pruning
I do agree...but if you are doing 40 trees a day and need to suppress a co-dominate leader on a 1/2" branch, a pole pruner is the tool. Especially on temporary branches...which is much of young tree training.

I didn't see anything about 3 extensions. Not saying I've never done that, but certainly not a daily goal ;)

(edit, to change pole "saw" to pole "pruner"...pole saw on 1/2" branch 20' up ain't gonna work!)

This thread took a wrong turn. I wasn’t looking for anyone to tell me that pole saws aren’t useful. Such an odd thing to say considering just how damn useful they really are. Do I like putting 3 poles together and cutting 20+ feet over my head? Hell no. It sucks. But sometimes you have to do it and getting into the bucket truck for one cut isn’t always worth it

Back