Arborist Tool Belt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forstmeister

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I’m looking for a tool belt I can use while doing tree trimming from the ground. I need to be able to attach hand saws & pruners but I don’t always want to wear my climbing harness. Has anyone seen a product like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmmm

cheap tool belt from home depot or lowes? just a few pockets to shove a saw and pruning shears, what all do you typically use when pruning? ive got a scabbard style silky, large folding silky and pruning shears + loppers, works for me, although the 194T gets more use lol

hmmm

cheap tool belt from home depot or lowes? just a few pockets to shove a saw and pruning shears, what all do you typically use when pruning? ive got a scabbard style silky, large folding silky and pruning shears + loppers, works for me, although the 194T gets more use lol

I use a Notch hand saw with scabbard. I want to be able to clip it to the belt. Hand pruners can probably work with most any belt. My big concern is finding something that has places to clip a scabbard to

ohh ok, I think I know what your saying
kinda hard without pics
a boat snap on the scabbard?

I was mistaken. It has a D-Ring that I would attach a carabiner to actually.

Hanging the saw and pruners on my regular belt gets unwieldy and starts to pull my pants down. Just looking for a more rugged option

I was mistaken. It has a D-Ring that I would attach a carabiner to actually.

Hanging the saw and pruners on my regular belt gets unwieldy and starts to pull my pants down. Just looking for a more rugged option

Get suspenders.

ok, HERE is a belt I use and love for a fallers belt, will work good for you
supposedly comes with a clip, although I have not bought this exact one, I use the same thing rebranded and sold without the clip
id suggest heating a screwdriver with a torch, and melting a hole in the belt where you want the saw to hang, then get a DMM XSRE carabiner to clip the saw onto the belt through the hole
for the pruners, pruning shear pouch

ok, HERE is a belt I use and love for a fallers belt, will work good for you
supposedly comes with a clip, although I have not bought this exact one, I use the same thing rebranded and sold without the clip
id suggest heating a screwdriver with a torch, and melting a hole in the belt where you want the saw to hang, then get a DMM XSRE carabiner to clip the saw onto the belt through the hole
for the pruners, pruning shear pouch

Thanks. I’m falling down a rabbit hole of belts on Amazon but I’m finding better results than my previous searches

hope you figure something out, I find it takes me 5 or so attempts to get a belt set up how I like, doesnt matter what it is
my climbing saddle is never perfect, just pick what you use most and put it up front, leave the rest on the ground

I’m looking for a tool belt I can use while doing tree trimming from the ground. I need to be able to attach hand saws & pruners but I don’t always want to wear my climbing harness. Has anyone seen a product like this?

No, and you never will, because that doesn't make sense. Put your 2 handsaws, 1 bowsaw, and 1 folding coarse saw, and your single pair of Felco's, in a Klein bag. Why would a tool belt be more convenient? How much trimming from the ground, will you do? once out of reach, its a pole pruner? Its all about looking professional.....

No, and you never will, because that doesn't make sense. Put your 2 handsaws, 1 bowsaw, and 1 folding coarse saw, and your single pair of Felco's, in a Klein bag. Why would a tool belt be more convenient? How much trimming from the ground, will you do? once out of reach, its a pole pruner? Its all about looking professional.....

I often have to walk for blocks at a time trimming trees. I want to be able to carry my pole saw and have my hand saw scabbard and hand pruners attached to a belt of some sort. If my hands are full of poles and a saw head I don’t want to also carry a bag

I clip my felcos on the outside of my hip pocket. I use one of these to clip my handsaw to my normal belt that I wear everyday anyhow.

71PD8tEmhBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

If that pulls your pants down, just get a second "regular belt" and put that one above your waist line.

I don't care how I "look" - I care that we do a good job above all else...and do it efficiently.

I clip my felcos on the outside of my hip pocket. I use one of these to clip my handsaw to my normal belt that I wear everyday anyhow.

71PD8tEmhBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

If that pulls your pants down, just get a second "regular belt" and put that one above your waist line.

I don't care how I "look" - I care that we do a good job above all else...and do it efficiently.

I spent way too much time today researching tactical belts for this purpose. [emoji23]

I often have to walk for blocks at a time trimming trees. I want to be able to carry my pole saw and have my hand saw scabbard and hand pruners attached to a belt of some sort. If my hands are full of poles and a saw head I don’t want to also carry a bag

EVERY pole saw is telecopic, so its 5' long with the blade, and goes over your shoulder....the small tools go in a bag. When you are done walking "blocks"?? to simply do ground pruning, you are carrying a single pole, and a tool bag

OR you can wear a belt with 3 simple tools hanging from it, and appear to all rather an odd fellow. I presume once the pruning is done, you won't be back til next year, so unless you are a wandering pruner, keep it simple. Hands full of poles??

Back