Are Loggers Making 3 Times More Money Now That Lumbers Prices Have Tripled?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Local fellow is paying $650 CAD per MBF ($515 USD) for white cedar logs. That's up from $550 CAD ($435 USD) in January 2021 and $500 CAD ($395 USD) in 2019.

Local fellow is paying $650 CAD per MBF ($515 USD) for white cedar logs. That's up from $550 CAD ($435 USD) in January 2021 and $500 CAD ($395 USD) in 2019.
uh... You don't want to know what they are paying for Red Cedar out here, strong competition between BC and WA mills... Not much domestic cedar available, and the BC stuff is getting political pressure... But as pertains to original post, prices are still lower then they should be, and not the highest I've ever seen either.

Loggers aren't making any more. There making less. The cost of fuel is up and less truck drivers also make production harder.

I'm a Forester and untill a few months ago the price on the stump for southern pine for me was up about 10% , what I received from Tim we buyers. The last sale I'd say it was up 15%-20% over pre Corona prices. The kills are making all the money, screwing us all including the customers.

Latest posts

Back