Are Loggers Making 3 Times More Money Now That Lumbers Prices Have Tripled?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lithium ION batteries, LED lights, Chow Mein, Harbor Freight, A **** LOAD OF EXPORT MONEY for the US. An intercontinental rail road, Affordable tools, 1/2 the parts for a Harley Davidson. Affordable solar panels. A thriving scrap iron market.

Its on the consumer as to how much they want to spend, the fact that the market is currently flooded with cheap junk only proves that the final consumer doesn't care about quality, only function or more often form. China is merely profiting on our own poor choices, start demanding better quality and I'm sure that China, much like Japan in the 60's will respond with better products. Vote with your money etc.
Half those benefits prove my point. Stop blaming the innocent kids, our government steered the nation into this abyss, i mean mess.

We had a leader doing something about it. Same group threw him under the buss.

Half those benefits prove my point. Stop blaming the innocent kids, our government steered the nation into this abyss, i mean mess.

We had a leader doing something about it. Same group threw him under the buss.
You clearly have no concept of how any of this works do you? Just keep repeating what someone else has told you was wrong, don't look into it for yourself, kinda guy that takes a car to the shop and goes ahead and has the axles replaced cause the brakes were bad, but the mechanic said etc etc etc.

China cut timber imports in July/Aug of 2019, months before Covid 19 was even known about.

They did so in retaliation to #45's "easily winnable trade war"

China then began buying wood from Australia, and Russia, mostly Russia, should I remind you that Covid only became a problem in FEB of 2020.

Should I mention that at least 2 mills shut their doors around here because of this? Not to mention horrible log prices, and loads off laid of employees at the mills that did manage to stay afloat, only to then get hammered by Covid.

Please try not to make **** up. (you're "other reasons" has one person to blame. it sits squarely in his lap)

Also, so far China hasn't really started buying wood from the US again, and likely never will. They are buying a little, but nothing like before Aug 2019.

Just one more thing... Not only did china stop buying wood, they sent 2 ships (entire ******* Cargo ships) back without paying for them, both from one exporter, I know this cause the checks they were sending to me bounced, it took months to sort it out, and they are one of the mills that shut down over it.
I did not make anything up! China slowed down on importing our lumber regardless of the reason!

I did not make anything up! China slowed down on importing our lumber regardless of the reason!
You made the assertion it was due to Covid. "among other reasons"

I feel its important to note that Covid was 6-7 months AFTER china stopped buying timber from the US, and there is only one reason, not the plural, just one moron game show host with a bone to pick. Thinking inter economy trade deals are the same thing as swindling college students out of tuition money.

You clearly have no concept of how any of this works do you? Just keep repeating what someone else has told you was wrong, don't look into it for yourself, kinda guy that takes a car to the shop and goes ahead and has the axles replaced cause the brakes were bad, but the mechanic said etc etc etc.
You made the assertion it was due to Covid. "among other reasons"

I feel its important to note that Covid was 6-7 months AFTER china stopped buying timber from the US, and there is only one reason, not the plural, just one moron game show host with a bone to pick. Thinking inter economy trade deals are the same thing as swindling college students out of tuition money.
If only that bad orange man had behaved more like Hunter,James & Joe & just got in bed with them that would have been great! The fact is every American should have a bone to pick with China. Sawmills,loggers & farmers were most definitely hurt by tariffs but a lot of them were still up for the fight, I saw more than one harvesting crew in Montana flying Trump flags on Combines & grain trucks. I personally was a couple weeks away from flying to Alaska before I got a call & was told to hold off. But we will never have a chance to even the playing field again, if people only knew how China has control over us,they steal and cheat to no end, they even control our pharmaceuticals they control 90% of the raw ingredients of our medications. Our politicians have put us in a ditch we will never overcome, but I’m sure kamalatoe will stand up to them and the guy who likes to hold and fondle little girls & doesn’t have the strength to walk up steps without being blown over by the wind.Now you can write a long winded essay about how stupid I am and show off your superior intellect.

If only that bad orange man had behaved more like Hunter,James & Joe & just got in bed with them that would have been great! The fact is every American should have a bone to pick with China. Sawmills,loggers & farmers were most definitely hurt by tariffs but a lot of them were still up for the fight, I saw more than one harvesting crew in Montana flying Trump flags on Combines & grain trucks. I personally was a couple weeks away from flying to Alaska before I got a call & was told to hold off. But we will never have a chance to even the playing field again, if people only knew how China has control over us,they steal and cheat to no end, they even control our pharmaceuticals they control 90% of the raw ingredients of our medications. Our politicians have put us in a ditch we will never overcome, but I’m sure kamalatoe will stand up to them and the guy who likes to hold and fondle little girls & doesn’t have the strength to walk up steps without being blown over by the wind.Now you can write a long winded essay about how stupid I am and show off your superior intellect.
I would, but I don't believe you would listen. Dude had 4 years to at least pretend like he gave a ****, instead of playin golf 3 days a week, padding ivanka's bank accounts and swindling the likes of you, and countless other folks that feel believe conmen are here to help you.

I would, but I don't believe you would listen. Dude had 4 years to at least pretend like he gave a ****, instead of playin golf 3 days a week, padding ivanka's bank accounts and swindling the likes of you, and countless other folks that feel believe conmen are here to help you.
Did you just describe Obama!!!??

Swindle the likes of me? LOL I sure felt swindled paying less for fuel, gas, groceries etc.You and your ilk believe everyone who supported Trump are a bunch of uninformed rubes. First Trump didn’t take a salary, he actually did work hard on behalf of the working American he didn’t play golf three times a week. I didn’t vote for Trump the first time but couldn’t wait to vote for him the second time! I didn’t care for Trumps bragging & other character traits, didn’t agree with him on some things,but talk about a guy that was treated unfairly by lying people like msnbc, cnn etc with their 98% negative coverage compared to Obama & Biden kid glove coverage and questions,what flavor ice cream do you have Joe? Holdovers from the Obama administration leaking lies to their fellow comrades, fake inquiries I could go on and on. The Trump family lost money while he was in office. Unlike Joe sending his crackhead son to China and the Ukraine for big paydays! How bout Maxine Waters telling people if you see someone who works for Trump at the grocery store or at a gas station to get in their face and tell them they are not welcome wtf! You are right about one thing I’m not really interested in anything you have to say but do respect your right to say it.

Swindle the likes of me? LOL I sure felt swindled paying less for fuel, gas, groceries etc.You and your ilk believe everyone who supported Trump are a bunch of uninformed rubes. First Trump didn’t take a salary, he actually did work hard on behalf of the working American he didn’t play golf three times a week. I didn’t vote for Trump the first time but couldn’t wait to vote for him the second time! I didn’t care for Trumps bragging & other character traits, didn’t agree with him on some things,but talk about a guy that was treated unfairly by lying people like msnbc, cnn etc with their 98% negative coverage compared to Obama & Biden kid glove coverage and questions,what flavor ice cream do you have Joe? Holdovers from the Obama administration leaking lies to their fellow comrades, fake inquiries I could go on and on. The Trump family lost money while he was in office. Unlike Joe sending his crackhead son to China and the Ukraine for big paydays! How bout Maxine Waters telling people if you see someone who works for Trump at the grocery store or at a gas station to get in their face and tell them they are not welcome wtf! You are right about one thing I’m not really interested in anything you have to say but do respect your right to say it.
Your biases are showing.

Do some due diligence and prove any of these claims.

I could say the same to you, how much padding did he do for Ivankas bank account etc etc? Who would you have preferred to run the country? I most definitely feel swindled by Al Gore, John Kerry all these Global warming elites! Let me rephrase (feel) with am being swindled!

The real issue is that i know exactly how this works. Econ and Int Relations major as well as reading a couple thousands books. Books written before the Rise and Reign of Ingsoc. Prior to the purge of Truth and Common Sense. Prior to the Rise and Reign of pointy headed academians completely void of the faintest remnant of common sense or applied history.

Common sense isn't very common.

I believe that far to many people do not remember things well or clearly, so its pretty easy to make them believe anything you want, simply by leaving a few words out, changing the context slightly, then poof, you've gaslit 33% of an entire country, who then goes forth spewing the same nonsense and getting upset when someone points out their fallacies. Like a child scolded for doing something wrong, will lash out in anger rather then correct the mistake.

Worse though, is an unwillingness for rational people to correct those that are wrong (because its rude don't you know... and read that part about the kid reacting in anger)

I could say the same to you, how much padding did he do for Ivankas bank account etc etc? Who would you have preferred to run the country? I most definitely feel swindled by Al Gore, John Kerry all these Global warming elites! Let me rephrase (feel) with am being swindled!
Annd we have avoiding the truth for $500 alex...
This only works if you do your own due diligence. Look the beasty in the eye then tell me how ******* good he is.

This coming from a guy who throws insults and personal attacks in nearly every rebuttal lol. Go back & read your posts look in the mirror & look at that guy staring back at you and say (because it’s rude don’t you know...and the part about the kid reacting in anger) I have no mistake to correct, & I’m sure not angry.

Annd we have avoiding the truth for $500 alex...
This only works if you do your own due diligence. Look the beasty in the eye then tell me how ******* good he is.
Do you Really Believe that our country is Better off with Kamela in the White House, than we would have been, if Trump had been given the Win that he Legitimately had?

But I suppose that you do believe the Big Lie that Biden actually won the Election.

In just what regards do you really think that you are any better off than you would have been under Trump?

Doug

I sure hate to see this. I signed in to see what logging prices were doing but all I found was a bunch of grown men bickering like children.
It reminds me why I don't do social media, including this place, much anymore.
I don’t do social media either, sometimes you just respond to something you don’t agree with and the next thing you know this happens. I will shut up!

I sure hate to see this. I signed in to see what logging prices were doing but all I found was a bunch of grown men bickering like children.
It reminds me why I don't do social media, including this place, much anymore.
I Totally Understand that the industry and Politics are intertwined, there is no avoiding that. Someone else, uhm, cough, made it a LOT more Political than it had to be, and myself and others, weren’t going to sit by and let that go unanswered, and by our silence essentially say that the Lie was Truth

Doug

I don’t do social media either, sometimes you just respond to something you don’t agree with and the next thing you know this happens. I will shut up!
Don’t be afraid to Speak the TRUTH, even though the cancel culture will try to bully you into silence

Doug

Back