Arts and Crafts, Anyone?

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Loving the Ignore Feature
I've always been crafty, but lately because of work I've slacked off somewhat.

Thanks to our new Admin, @Angie for showing me a new crochet pattern, I've pulled out my yarn and crochet hooks.
Here's what I finished last night, worked on it a few hours every night, just under three weeks.
The pattern is called "c2c" and stands for corner to corner... you literally begin the piece at one corner, increase to the width you want then decrease to the opposite corner.
I've already begun another. :drinkingcoffee:

Thanks, Angie, you're such a breath of fresh air to this male-dominated forum... maybe we can draw out some more of the womenfolk who may be reluctant to participate. :yes:
DSC05561.JPGDSC05563.JPG

Angie

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
I think she did a wonderful job on this afghan. And for anyone else, it's an easy pattern to learn and depending on the yarn choice.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

That looks great, and with the weather getting cooler that will be so nice to have. I like your final placement of colors.
Thank you. I'm happy with it.
I love those colors in yours.
I want to give that pattern a try, but want to crochet a filet table runner first.
I made this for my boss a few years ago... might do another for myself, if I can find the pattern. :yes:
Becky 080115.JPG

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Hey, @Angie Whatcha working on this week? :)

Those four blocks I took out of the throw were pestering me to do something with them, so I made a pillow... just finished it up this evening.

NOW, I can move on to a new project. :yes:

DSC05602.JPGDSC05603.JPG

Angie

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I've been listening to a book and crocheting on this one.

1636864139500.png

I had a massive yarn tangle on what is that outside yellow row. Took at least an hour to get it straighten out. This is really soft yarn to work with. And I'm liking the color change.

I like your idea of doing the pillow with the extra block that just didn't work out.

Does anyone else crochet or knit?

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Oh, I've been listening to a book and crocheting on this one.

View attachment 941344

I had a massive yarn tangle on what is that outside yellow row. Took at least an hour to get it straighten out. This is really soft yarn to work with. And I'm liking the color change.

I like your idea of doing the pillow with the extra block that just didn't work out.

Does anyone else crochet or knit?
Gorgeous!
Is that the variegated yarn? Works perfectly with that pattern.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Hiya, @Angie :hi:

How's your throw coming along?
I finished another project this week... Mediterranean Lace Three Piece Table Set
Only instead of making the two smaller pieces, I'm going to make another the same size - I like having matching pairs of doilies. The first one, of a new pattern, is always a challenge, but the second one should take about half as long and be a lot more fun to do, knowing what to do and not having to decipher the instructions. This one was fairly easy up to row 19, that one was tricky and the last picot row was impossible so I improvised.:crazy:
Mediterainian doily.jpg
DSC05611.JPGDSC05612.JPG

Angie

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
I love that pattern. I haven't done a doily in ages. My blanket is growing. Please be sure to post photos of those doilies when you have them completed.

OM617YOTA

OM617YOTA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Freakin arborist and chainsaw forum. How about we get some feminine product ads up in that banner?
If arborist and chainsaw stuff is all you're interested in, why are you in the off-topic forum, and why did you chose to click on the thread? The only one you have to blame for seeing this stuff is yourself.