As only a homeowner, is this the end? (Pic heavy)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The oiler seal/housing looked burnt, and the saw oiled way too much. Is this likely the culprit? Replace oiler/housing? Cheers

IMG_20170310_201307.jpg

It was oiling too much while running... I mean it was really flinging it all over and when I turned it off the bar looked like I dipped it in a vat of oil. Well maybe not THAT dramatic, but it looked wet and had debris stuck all over it. My Stihl doesn't do that, just trickles it out at the proper rate. I ordered a new oiler plunger and housing anyway just to see if it makes a difference. I also made sure the oil tank vent wasn't clogged.

It was oiling too much while running... I mean it was really flinging it all over and when I turned it off the bar looked like I dipped it in a vat of oil. Well maybe not THAT dramatic, but it looked wet and had debris stuck all over it. My Stihl doesn't do that, just trickles it out at the proper rate. I ordered a new oiler plunger and housing anyway just to see if it makes a difference. I also made sure the oil tank vent wasn't clogged.
Is the oil pump adjustable?

If you don't use a saw a lot and/or use the same muscles regularly it might just be a matter of getting the body up to speed running the 044.

I know when I've been laid up, sick or injured, and not getting regular workouts running the saws get me sore/tired quickly.

Work yourself into shape with the smaller saws and splitting up what you've cut by hand. That's a lot more satisfying than spending money at a gym or even just exercising and not getting any work done to show for it.

Pretty soon you'll want a 90cc saw..........

If you don't use a saw a lot and/or use the same muscles regularly it might just be a matter of getting the body up to speed running the 044.

I know when I've been laid up, sick or injured, and not getting regular workouts running the saws get me sore/tired quickly.

Work yourself into shape with the smaller saws and splitting up what you've cut by hand. That's a lot more satisfying than spending money at a gym or even just exercising and not getting any work done to show for it.

Pretty soon you'll want a 90cc saw..........
My lower back says stick with the lighter saws.

ya think it has anything to do with the 30 years before when you were running all the big saws ? ;)
Not nearly as much as picking up heavy logs for firewood all day and motorcycle crashes. As far as the saws go they will make you deaf and give you carpal tunnel I know that. You got to wear ear protection.

RobbyBoy- Is that a great dane pup I see in your last pic (in your original post)? Sure looks like my now 8-year-old Daisy did many years ago.

RobbyBoy- Is that a great dane pup I see in your last pic (in your original post)? Sure looks like my now 8-year-old Daisy did many years ago.

She's a young black/ticked German Shorthaired Pointer. She's about 7 months old in that pic and around 10 months old now. I have another shorthair who's dad is her granddad. I do love the Great Danes though! I grew up bird hunting and my dad raised shorthairs with my mom back in college until I was maybe in 1st grade or so.

Back