asplundh whisper chipper parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

War Hammer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have acquired an older Asplundh Whisper Chipper. It is a JEY model 16” with a ford v8 as the powerplant.

I need to find a few parts for it BUT my skills are better in the outdoor world. This online world I am a dumb and clumsy ox.

I have called Altec because I read on this form that they might have parts but alas they cannot look up parts for a machine as old as mine is (I am assuming 1970’s). I found the blades on Ebay and I know I can find the nuts bolts etc that I need from a local source.

The one part that I CANNOT find anywhere is the wedge that holds the blades in. I need two of them. Any ideas on where to find them? Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

mrhemihead thanks for that tip. Here are some photos of the part I need and a picture of the Serial number plate. I would love to learn ANYTHING and EVERYTHING I can on this unit. I would love some help tracking these wedges down if anybody could help out I would greatly appreciate it.

ThanksIMG_9264.jpgIMG_9265.jpgIMG_9265.jpgIMG_9264.jpgIMG_9263.jpgIMG_9267.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9266.jpg
    IMG_9266.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 0
That is exactly what I have been Afraid of. The part is reusable but I am missing 2 of them. (I need 4) I was really hoping someone here knew where to look for a used one as I cannot find anything on my end as well.
Thanks of the machine shop idea. but man I feel like that would be super expensive.

Back