At my wits end with this saw. Please help.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got it fixed and it's running great. It didn't have anything to do with the gas or any high/low screws or anything, my idle screw was backed too far out and it wasnt in contact with anything. I just screwed it in to where it was in contact and it runs like a champ again. Thanks for all your advice guys I really appreciate it

So I got it fixed and it's running great. It didn't have anything to do with the gas or any high/low screws or anything, my idle screw was backed too far out and it wasnt in contact with anything. I just screwed it in to where it was in contact and it runs like a champ again. Thanks for all your advice guys I really appreciate it
Thats good to hear.

By the way, this is my 2nd saw, first was a poulan pro, what do you guys think of the remington brand, in chainsaws i mean? Not sure if I mentioned it but I got this "hardly used" remington outlaw rm4620 for $100. Ive heard good things about this saw, its not a stihl by any means, but as a homeowner saw I think its a good saw for the projects I do.

By the way, this is my 2nd saw, first was a poulan pro, what do you guys think of the remington brand, in chainsaws i mean? Not sure if I mentioned it but I got this "hardly used" remington outlaw rm4620 for $100. Ive heard good things about this saw, its not a stihl by any means, but as a homeowner saw I think its a good saw for the projects I do.
If she cuts and cuts well, then what more does a guy need out of his saw. Focus on keeping the chain sharp, put good gas and oil in it, and clean the sawdust out of it and you'll be happy with it. 2nd saw.....hmmmmm, you're on your way to CAD. Poor fella....

I grew up using my dads saws which were Stihls, so I was spoiled in that way, knowing how a chainsaw is supposed to work. Im pretty sure he had an ms461and a ms251 i think it was. I just remember watching him cut down huge trees then helping him collect firewood. The good ole days.

Have a look at your serial number, if its between 1K155XQ0198 and 1F076XQ0200, these were recalled by Zhejiang Pioneer thru MTD for a fire hazard.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Back