Auto braking descenders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree Feller

J &J Tree Service
Reaction score
Looking for a reasonable auto braking descender. I will do all my climbing with spurs. So I’m looking for a device to tie in with and walk limbs and repel out.

get yourself a hitchclimber pulley and a hitch cord, save yourself some cash and have a system that works DRT as well as rappel, add a ring and make a "stitch" hitch, works SRT as well, without a rope wrench

price for the setup (rough guess off memory) 65 for the pulley, 40 for both carabiners, 5 or 6 for a ring (I prefer steel as it wont wear down as easy as aluminum) and like 10 for the cord (Has to be by-the-foot with the stitch hitch, a sewn eye wont fit thru the ring)

small ISC steel ring, 8mm HRC, 2 notch biners (or whatever you preffer) and a pulley, runs smooth, works SRT as well as DRT, less to drop since you arent switching out a rope wrench

also, if you drop any of this while in the tree, it wont get much damage, if you dropped an I'D or grigri id imagine it would get some damage

Back