Bagged Firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked up an EZ Bagger today. For those of you that prefer bagged wood over wrapped this unit, while simple, is impressive. Built solid but light enough that a man can pick it up to move. Designed for 1.0 cubic foot bags. The bags go on nicely with no snags.

My only relation with the manufacturer is that as a customer. Bought it, liked it, you should check it out if applicable 😀

Attachments

• 20211120_132353.jpg
    20211120_132353.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 35
  • 20211120_132404.jpg
    20211120_132404.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 33
Picked up an EZ Bagger today. For those of you that prefer bagged wood over wrapped this unit, while simple, is impressive. Built solid but light enough that a man can pick it up to move. Designed for 1.0 cubic foot bags. The bags go on nicely with no snags.

My only relation with the manufacturer is that as a customer. Bought it, liked it, you should check it out if applicable 😀
Have you tried wrapping? Do you like bagging better?

I have wrapped and found the bundles can get lose with handling. The bags do cost more of course but I think, for me, the finished product is worth the investment.
Did you find a place to get bags that are reasonably priced? We looked into it but it seems it would eat into the profit a bit.

On a different note, how's the new splitter?

Did you find a place to get bags that are reasonably priced? We looked into it but it seems it would eat into the profit a bit.

On a different note, how's the new splitter?
So the obvious vendor does make money on the bags. It's built into my pricing but I expect to be able to reduce cost with volume and direct sourcing.

The splitter is awesome. As advertised and puts out a really nice product. Did have to tweak the conveyor a little for reliable function but it was a no cost fix. I'd buy another.

Picked up an EZ Bagger today.

Lately we do a lot of RV traveling in the winter. Virtually all State campgrounds these days have some manner of fire "pits". But given I've cut my own wood all my life I've steadfastly refused to buy those little bundles they sell for outrageous prices. However, last winter I was pressured into finding firewood at a site where a number of family members were gathering. Kindly, family type pressure mind you.

In any event, after looking around I found that a local Lowe's had the best deal. Very nice wood, packaged very well in bundles and at a reasonable price. Burned great (not too fast or slow) and one of the bundles that did not get used we carried home and it knocked around for months and still held together perfectly.

I seem to remember they had two different types. One with that mesh type onion bag and the other with plastic. Would be curious to know just how those bundles were created.

Man, they aren't giving them away, are they.

Does look to make the job easier. I use a 5 gallon bucket with the bottom cut out. It works ok.

Man, they aren't giving them away, are they.

Does look to make the job easier. I use a 5 gallon bucket with the bottom cut out. It works ok.
I have used buckets, bins, rolled vinyl, etc. It all works but I will say this is fairly quick in comparison. Wouldn't take a ton of effort to fab one up but I'd rather spend the coin and get busy. I'm in the wood business, not fabrication. :)

I was quoted $600 for a similar model with a square tray made by a big name firewood processing outfit.

Here’s my homebuilt interpretation. Works great bagging off the back of the truck.

Attachments

• 9DF1A378-6E86-4FDA-810A-A158959BDF2E.jpeg
    9DF1A378-6E86-4FDA-810A-A158959BDF2E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
Back