Bandit Chipper 90xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought an older 90 and am wondering if anyone knows where I can get a manual for it or if I really need one. I call BB today and they only have manuals for the new 90's and I don't know if it's applicable to this machine. This one is pretty old, 87 I think, it has no drop down feed table. I think I may make one for it and probably swap the engine as it only has a 30hp wisconsin. I was doing some PM (changing oils, plugs, checking knives, anvil) and I noticed it only has one cutting edge per revolution. Every chipper I've had or worked on always had 2. Are all the 90's like this or just the older ones. The only thing I can think of was it was made like this so a smaller engine could run it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Mind if i asked what you paid for it?

Any pictures???

Thanks
Canyon

I just bought an older 90 and am wondering if anyone knows where I can get a manual for it or if I really need one. I call BB today and they only have manuals for the new 90's and I don't know if it's applicable to this machine. This one is pretty old, 87 I think, it has no drop down feed table. I think I may make one for it and probably swap the engine as it only has a 30hp wisconsin. I was doing some PM (changing oils, plugs, checking knives, anvil) and I noticed it only has one cutting edge per revolution. Every chipper I've had or worked on always had 2. Are all the 90's like this or just the older ones. The only thing I can think of was it was made like this so a smaller engine could run it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

New bandit 90XP have two sets of knives (total of four). Are you sure it is a mod 90 they did have some other model numbers back then. Can you read your silver tag on the belly pan or is it missing it should have a WO# on it that is used by bandit as a ser# on old machines. If you cant read the tag the WO# should be stamped on the tongue or the throat by the knife side bearing. I work for a bandit dealer in California I will ask my parts guy if he has a old parts manual or know if they are available. We are closed untill 12-26 so I wont find out untill then.

Scott

I can't find any #'s. Was just assuming it's a 90 because it's 9 inches by 17 inches. It's been painted many times. It has a 30hp wisconsin which I am going to upgrade to a 70-80hp diesel. The feed rolls are unlike any other I have ever seen. On the 8 inches to the left they are angled, they look kind of like this all the way across <<<<======= (both feed rolls pictured, top feed rolls angled down bottom one angled up). I assume it is supposed to help stop branches from kicking around. Any help would be appreciated. I'd be happy to buy a manual if you can find one ArborquipSP. Thanks!

I can't find any #'s. Was just assuming it's a 90 because it's 9 inches by 17 inches. It's been painted many times. It has a 30hp wisconsin which I am going to upgrade to a 70-80hp diesel. The feed rolls are unlike any other I have ever seen. On the 8 inches to the left they are angled, they look kind of like this all the way across <<<<======= (both feed rolls pictured, top feed rolls angled down bottom one angled up). I assume it is supposed to help stop branches from kicking around. Any help would be appreciated. I'd be happy to buy a manual if you can find one ArborquipSP. Thanks!

Can you put up a pic..i want to see what this looks like..i think i am getting a good picture in my head....but a real photo would def. help.

Thanks,

Best of luck

Canyon

Here is a couple pics of the feed roller and the anvil (bed knife). It looks like this anvil has been modified. It is bent at a 90 and also has a piece of angle welded to it. I'd like to order a new anvil but I'm not sure what will fit it. I think I will have to weld on a extra piece of metal to close that gap unless the standard anvil is pretty long or it comes bent like this one is. The guy who had this did a lot of ....engineering.... at least that's the polite way to say it.

I checked with my parts guy and he does not or has not seen a manual for the older models anywhere. Sorry they are only printing new style like you found out previously . He also said most of the old models had the feed wheels like your drawing.

Scott

Jemclimber, wow!! thats a different unit there!! are you sure thats a 90, whats weird is the 90 models have so many variations its sick, is it an xp?

that anvil & adjustment system is way different from mine, If I could post pic`s I would to show the differences, hope you get things resolved!!

Mattfr12, hopefully this is ok to do!!! My genie is currently for sale for info PM me as I dont want to give out the site where it is posted I dont know if that is against forum rules?

Chipper is for sale, hell everythings for sale!! actually Im still working all the equip. very rare for me at this time of year!!! this was a very good year, Im just tired of the BS with the biz, employees, cheap cuthroat competition, & Im not getting any younger...LOL

LXT...........

I wouldnt suggest the engine upgrade you`re planning, bandit makes the frames to withstand levels of vibration, weight, torque, etc... pertaining to what drive line will be installed, a diesel motor whew!!!! check on spec`s before doing this, dont wanna hear about a machine flying apart!!
did you call Bandits Michigan HQ`s they will be able to help with the manual & may even email it to ya!!

Be careful!!!!

LXT...........

I called Bandit, they said they had a manual for a new machine and this one looks quite different than newer ones. I'm just assuming it's a 90 by the size of the feed opening. I've seen 90's with small engines up to 86hp perkins on them so I just assumed upgrading would not be a problem. I did find a local guy who has a 65hp wisconssin that need to be rebuilt so I may go with that. I know it will have a little more tongue weight, but I can lift it easily now. It's probably only around 150lbs to lift. The 30hp gets the job done but can be a little slow on the bigger stuff.

I have a '99 Bandit 90XP with 86HP perkins, since new, and it's been a great trouble free machine.
had a lot of problems with the 18" 280 XP though.

I have a '99 Bandit 90XP with 86HP perkins, since new, and it's been a great trouble free machine.
had a lot of problems with the 18" 280 XP though.

How do you like the perkins on the there...well mainly 86 horses...is that enough to much.

Of course sharp blades are the most important.

But they offer such a wide range on that chipper...been wondering

Thanks
Canyon

I have a 120hp perkins on my chipper. It's a 12inch chipper. I love the little perkins. I just change the oil and filters and it's good to go. I have had the chipper for 6 years and never had a problem.

Scott

I have a 120hp perkins on my chipper. It's a 12inch chipper. I love the little perkins. I just change the oil and filters and it's good to go. I have had the chipper for 6 years and never had a problem.

Scott

Not trying to change the thread.

but Scott

(i think you have told me) What 12 inch chipper do you own???

Thanks
Mike

Unfamiliar with that particular chipper...

Hey its paid for good engine on it..and it works well then its ideal.

Mike

Bought it off ebay 6 years ago for $5500. It had 300 hours. New the chipper was 27k. The guy stopped the auction early for guaranteed cash. It would still sell for that much if not more. I drove from St. Louis to Phoenix and back to get it. Left on Friday night and got back on Sunday night. My dad and brother went so we split the driving up. It has been the best buy I have ever made.

Scott

Bought it off ebay 6 years ago for $5500. It had 300 hours. New the chipper was 27k. The guy stopped the auction early for guaranteed cash. It would still sell for that much if not more. I drove from St. Louis to Phoenix and back to get it. Left on Friday night and got back on Sunday night. My dad and brother went so we split the driving up. It has been the best buy I have ever made.

Scott

Thats an awesome buy.

Any idea to why he wanted to sell it???

Seems like he could get a lot more then 5500...with only 300 hrs. But hey sounds like you got one heck of a deal on it.

Mike

Back