Bandit Chipper 90xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from AR a couple of hours ago with that chipper. Left Tulsa at 10 this morning and was back home by 9 tonight. The guy ended the auction early for me. Had to pay 11K for it. Heck of a buy. This chipper appears to be everything they said it was. Not even a scratch on the infeed chute, just a couple of smudges. It has 3 hours on it :D

Just got back from AR a couple of hours ago with that chipper. Left Tulsa at 10 this morning and was back home by 9 tonight. The guy ended the auction early for me. Had to pay 11K for it. Heck of a buy. This chipper appears to be everything they said it was. Not even a scratch on the infeed chute, just a couple of smudges. It has 3 hours on it :D

Any pictures??

What machine did you get?

Canyon.

Congratulation on the buy.

How do you like the perkins on the there...well mainly 86 horses...is that enough to much.

Of course sharp blades are the most important.

But they offer such a wide range on that chipper...been wondering

Thanks
Canyon
The perkins motor is bullet proof.
I have had several in various chippers, and a 6 cyl in a truck. They are basic and trouble free.

I'll try to get some video of my Bandit 90 when I get a chance Canyon. I'm covered up now with all the storm damage. I've only taken one day off in a month. We fired it up this morning and chipped up some storm debris laying around the shop. Chipper works great but we blew a hydraulic line. We took it to the Vermeer dealer here and they replaced the line and looked it over for us. The mechanic and manager both said we got a steal. Told us they would usually give us some crap about buying a bandit but couldn't give us too hard of a time when they found out what we gave for it. Went a did a job with it after we had the hose replaced. This chipper EATS!!!

I'll try to get some video of my Bandit 90 when I get a chance Canyon. I'm covered up now with all the storm damage. I've only taken one day off in a month. We fired it up this morning and chipped up some storm debris laying around the shop. Chipper works great but we blew a hydraulic line. We took it to the Vermeer dealer here and they replaced the line and looked it over for us. The mechanic and manager both said we got a steal. Told us they would usually give us some crap about buying a bandit but couldn't give us too hard of a time when they found out what we gave for it. Went a did a job with it after we had the hose replaced. This chipper EATS!!!

That is awesome TreeMD....great to here its being such a great a chipper...you got a awesome.awesome price.

Thanks for the video. I am excited to see it.

You said you have the 50hp i dont remeber correct???

Canyon

bb 90

I bought mine off ebay as well. Last year I paid 6g for a 99 with 800 hours. Only the 37 hp motor. The machine eats wood like crazy however. I am very happy. Brush bandit was very helpful in tracking down the origional owner [modern equipment rentals in New Jersey]. Modern equipment gave me all the service history; they put 8 g into it. I got lucky as well, but I did spend hours making sure the seller was a good guy. I shipped mine to Washington state for 2g, realistically less then what it would cost for me to pick it up.

I then crossed into BC canada myself with it. Word to the wise for Canadians, don't bring a chipper in as a trailer, take the wheles off and import it as machinery.

I bought mine off ebay as well. Last year I paid 6g for a 99 with 800 hours. Only the 37 hp motor. The machine eats wood like crazy however. I am very happy. Brush bandit was very helpful in tracking down the origional owner [modern equipment rentals in New Jersey]. Modern equipment gave me all the service history; they put 8 g into it. I got lucky as well, but I did spend hours making sure the seller was a good guy. I shipped mine to Washington state for 2g, realistically less then what it would cost for me to pick it up.

I then crossed into BC canada myself with it. Word to the wise for Canadians, don't bring a chipper in as a trailer, take the wheles off and import it as machinery.

Awesome story.

Have you decided on what engine your gonna put on her, or kept the 37hp???

keep the motor running

Awesome story.

Have you decided on what engine your gonna put on her, or kept the 37hp???

I wanted to change it out untill I replaced the knives and ran higher octane fuel. It really eats wood now so I am in no rush. The old rental owners rebuilt the head so it is pretty tight.
I deal mostly with soft woods, work just myself and a couple guys with a small chip truck; generally faster chipping is not going to be the best investment untill I get a bigger truck.

I highly recomend this machine. I was looking at a 97 BB90 86hp with 1400 hrs from westspur in bellingham washington for 12g. I was very concerned about the 37 horse wisconsin, but for 6g less... Don't shy away from the 37 horse, it is no worries, it damn near keeps up to a friends vermeer bc1000 with the usual brush debris.
My complaints of no big concern are; the space between the feed rollers and the disk can get packed up with small branches expecially when the knives are dulling. I keep a few sticks to last to push it through. It is heavy compared to the 6" vermeer I was using. This makes moving it around by hand almost a no go; I put my back out trying it by myself. Last, the panic bar does not seem like it would disengage the rollers if you were grabbed when feeding from the side; I just keep a hand on the panic bar. Anyrate all is well, just wish I was using it more this time of the year!

Last edited:
I wanted to change it out untill I replaced the knives and ran higher octane fuel. It really eats wood now so I am in no rush. The old rental owners rebuilt the head so it is pretty tight.
I deal mostly with soft woods, work just myself and a couple guys with a small chip truck; generally faster chipping is not going to be the best investment untill I get a bigger truck.

I highly recomend this machine. I was looking at a 97 BB90 86hp with 1400 hrs from westspur in bellingham washington for 12g. I was very concerned about the 37 horse wisconsin, but for 6g less... Don't shy away from the 37 horse, it is no worries, it damn near keeps up to a friends vermeer bc1000 with the usual brush debris.
My complaints of no big concern are; the space between the feed rollers and the disk can get packed up with small branches expecially when the knives are dulling. I keep a few sticks to last to push it through. It is heavy compared to the 6" vermeer I was using. This makes moving it around by hand almost a no go; I put my back out trying it by myself. Last, the panic bar does not seem like it would disengage the rollers if you were grabbed when feeding from the side; I just keep a hand on the panic bar. Anyrate all is well, just wish I was using it more this time of the year!

I guess the knives...arent a big thing...i think basically the most important thing on a chipper...excluding you know a running machine...is sharp knives. I hate that the most when they are dull.

I always keep a few long sticks to push the little stuff in at the end.

90xp

We also have a 90 XP (2001) with the 86 hp perkins. Really good machine, pulls nice behind a one ton dump. The local dealer has one that had an engine fire (control panel) and someone could probably scoop that up for next to nothing.

We also have a 90 XP (2001) with the 86 hp perkins. Really good machine, pulls nice behind a one ton dump. The local dealer has one that had an engine fire (control panel) and someone could probably scoop that up for next to nothing.

Info on the shop.

Name?

canyonbc 90xp

Name of the shop is LF George, phone is 262/567-6666 or www.lfgeorge.com. We had our chipper in getting serviced in October and the chipper was parked on the side. The salesman said that it had been sitting there for over a year. The control panel burned up, the owner dropped it off, and there it sat. Probably waiting to see what the insurance company wanted them to do with it. Give them a call.

Name of the shop is LF George, phone is 262/567-6666 or www.lfgeorge.com. We had our chipper in getting serviced in October and the chipper was parked on the side. The salesman said that it had been sitting there for over a year. The control panel burned up, the owner dropped it off, and there it sat. Probably waiting to see what the insurance company wanted them to do with it. Give them a call.

Thanks def. going to.

Canyon

mobark 290

i have a mobark 290 runs good looks good has a ford gas for $4300 or a 1250 or a bb250 12in.with a john deer for $8500 hrs around 985 .cell 504 275-5231:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:

Mitchell,

I'm in Alberta and looking for a BB 90XP or similar.
I'd be interest in hearing about your experience importing it into Canada.
Buying one in the US and driving it up here seems like he way to go as there's not much available locally.
Any suggestions, ideas, or offers would be appreciated.

Thanks for the thread, very helpful info.
Phased!

importing

Mitchell,

I'm in Alberta and looking for a BB 90XP or similar.
I'd be interest in hearing about your experience importing it into Canada.
Buying one in the US and driving it up here seems like he way to go as there's not much available locally.
Any suggestions, ideas, or offers would be appreciated.

Thanks for the thread, very helpful info.
Phased!
I have been very happy with the brush bandit; having said that it just calved a head. The old owner had just changed a head so either I just did the other one or I'm redoing the same one. I suspect the latter as the torque setting seemed to loose when I pulled the head off.

Send me a private message and I'll give you my phone number and you can call me. Basically, prices are cheaper down south. The RIV [Register of imported vehicles] [Another Federal cash grab] treats trailers as vehicles. When I brought mine across it became apparent I should have dissembled the wheels and brought it in as farm equipment/ machinery on a flat bed. You just pay GST and do not have to go through all the hassle of RIV.

The next trick if your not going to pick it up yourself is to find a shipping broker. They vary wildly in price. I was quoted 1800 to 3500 to ship from the east coast of the USA to a town on the bordour on the left coast. Less problems to bring it across the bordour yourself. Perhaps if it was coming in as machinery it would not be a hassle at the bordour? I can dig up the shipping company I used.

Back