Bandit Chipper 90xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow! the wisconsin powered units are different lookin, sharp lil unit though!! I got this machine as most of my work is in tight access areas, also pulling the next size up chipper can be rough on a 1ton/pickup loaded with chips,tools,etc...

if any one needs(treepro) the zenith carb let me know I got mine brandnew(in the box) for $150.00 yes $150.00. It seems this carb was MFG for forklifts and other mill equip. in the late 60`s-early 70`s I went to an auto/electric parts provider gentleman there couldnt beleive that carb was used on 90`s machinery he said they quit makin them in the late 70`s early 80`s!! he has a bunch of em still in the box with manuals for set up,etc...

he said he cant sell them cause nobody uses them anymore!!! I told him to hang onto them(for personal reasons) he probably has 15-20 of em!!! so if anybody needs one I give ya his info!! nice ole timer!!!

nice machine mitchell.

LXT................

wow! the wisconsin powered units are different lookin, sharp lil unit though!! I got this machine as most of my work is in tight access areas, also pulling the next size up chipper can be rough on a 1ton/pickup loaded with chips,tools,etc...

if any one needs(treepro) the zenith carb let me know I got mine brandnew(in the box) for $150.00 yes $150.00. It seems this carb was MFG for forklifts and other mill equip. in the late 60`s-early 70`s I went to an auto/electric parts provider gentleman there couldnt beleive that carb was used on 90`s machinery he said they quit makin them in the late 70`s early 80`s!! he has a bunch of em still in the box with manuals for set up,etc...

he said he cant sell them cause nobody uses them anymore!!! I told him to hang onto them(for personal reasons) he probably has 15-20 of em!!! so if anybody needs one I give ya his info!! nice ole timer!!!

nice machine mitchell.

LXT................
Hello, can you still get the zenith carburetor? I need one, 831-251-8342,
My name is Hugh, thank you for the connection...

A couple things I did was beef up the fenders(stock are junk) some extra bracing was also installed in certain areas as to reduce weld fatigue, Bandit`s radiators are a common problem vibration leading to leaks. Mfg recommends their rubber mount kit, I did it myself!!! replaced the international radiator with a ford rad $200 vs int $800 applied regular rubber mnts from local hardware store.

the rad kit from bandit was $1200 included taller rad which meant the cover needed shimmed & rubber mnts for rad. when all was said & done I accomplished the same thing for around $350.00 also where the rad filter is I fabbed a bolt on grill for easy removal so I can clean the rad when clogged.

NO Winch cuz the hyd. lines to the proportional valve(forward/reverse bar) would not permit it. Mine has the hand crank with chain on sprocket chute rotation. has a yoke pin & assembly for locking out the feed rollers, the unit has the ability to have the hyd. feed roller lift unit & as well the winch could mount here also.

the Gov. system was done away with as was the brain box!!! due to the fact no longer being made & the replacement unit is around $1500 I went simple with a twist/pull type throttle, set it at 2000rpm & go,drawback is one must alway be at the rev/forward bar but I think its safer.

the motor is a gm 3.0 marine motor replaced(brandnew) sept 05, belts are new, drum bearings new, carb is brand new & have the spare...very important with zenith carb machine these carbs are $8-$1200.00. I put larger tires on so no more specialty sizes!!!

I was in the process of having the sheet metal surrounding the engine completely redone & thicker gauge however the next owner can do that.

I stated above about the winch, I was going to place a winch(with fabrication ) to the top of infeed housing that way one could still get the feed roller lift assembly & not have to worry about not having either one(you could have both). hope this helped!!!

LXT.....................
I purchased a 90 XP with this engine. Do you recall what steps you took to eliminate the electronic throttle? I'm guessing the box also controls the auto feed, but I may have to go to a simple turn lock throttle cable as you did. Any info helps.

Latest posts

Back