Bar n chain oil now $22/gal at Ace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last Mobil Delvac I bought several months ago was around 16 a gallon here, and the Rotella T6 for the powerstroke was around 25 a gallon.
Well if you were getting the Delvac 1300 at $16 a gallon that is better than here. We are at $97/ $5 gal for 1300 and Delvac full synthetic is the same so I think something is a bit off on the website. The Rotella T6 is $73 for 2.5 gal.

I'm filing the comments about Lucas or STP Oil Treatment away for future use in case I decide to start going 'cheap' with used oil or whatever alternates.

I had the opportunity to take a two month long automotive repair class back in the early 90s at Fort Bragg. The instructor swore by STP as an assembly lube as it was 'sticky'. Sure enough, that stuff stuck to metal.
It's like sauce. That **** sticks to everything mang.

Well if you were getting the Delvac 1300 at $16 a gallon that is better than here. We are at $97/ $5 gal for 1300 and Delvac full synthetic is the same so I think something is a bit off on the website. The Rotella T6 is $73 for 2.5 gal.
T6 is way cheaper here last I checked.
2.5G was 46 or 48. Might have went uo since last winter. I'm not running my diesel truck right now.

And now over 25$. It was like 16$ a couple years ago. The 362 was about 760$ couple years ago then went to 810$ right before I bought it and now is 909$, I’m going to start mixing with veggie oil and just run the full stihl stuff with my 49” bar 69D3EDBB-B6AC-4AFD-9D48-465E1C51B673.jpeg

Buchheit's has the Mystik green label bar oil for $7.99 if anyone is in the SW Illinois/SE Missouri area. They had a couple pallets of it at the Jackson store over the past weekend.

And now over 25$. It was like 16$ a couple years ago. The 362 was about 760$ couple years ago then went to 810$ right before I bought it and now is 909$, I’m going to start mixing with veggie oil and just run the full stihl stuff with my 49” bar View attachment 1056119
I use canola oil on the 60" csb with zero issues. This year it is going in all the tanks for milling and axillary feed systems.

Was in Northern Tool today and remembered that I was down to less than a half gallon Of bar oil. Price on synthetic Stihl was $26.99 and orange jug was $24.99. I had been using the synthetic for several years as my saw shop quit carrying the orange jugs. I never could tell a difference anyway. Is there any good reason to use the synthetic over the other? I’m going to start looking in other stores as well for other brands that y’all have mentioned as this pricing is nuts :dizzy:

Attachments

• 20230222_173315.jpg
    20230222_173315.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
That's good oil. Used to get it at Orscheln but it's gone. The purple Poulan Pro at Menards is the best I've ever used. It was $8 on sale I think.
Our Orscheln store is gone. It used to be Fleetway 50 years ago and was the only farm store in town. Probably 20-25 years ago it was bought out by Orscheln but remained a good store. It was not long after that Farm and Fleet came to town. The Orscheln store closed in 2018-19 or so.

Our Orscheln store is gone. It used to be Fleetway 50 years ago and was the only farm store in town. Probably 20-25 years ago it was bought out by Orscheln but remained a good store. It was not long after that Farm and Fleet came to town. The Orscheln store closed in 2018-19 or so.
Tsc bought all the Orshlens and had to divest so many for antitrust laws. All ours were sold to Bomgaars recently. I never thought tsc was that great, don't understand how they are the biggest. Our Orshelns were originally Baileys.

Around here, I've been seeing "Mystik" bar oil showing up. Found it at Menards last summer for I think $6.99 a gallon. I picked up 3 or 4 gallons, but haven't tried it yet... still using other oil on hand.

Has anyone tried the Mystik? I see a few guys have bought some too...

I wonder how good that oil is?
Bought 14 gallons last year. It's a little thinner then the proline select I was getting, but not winter oil thin. Haven't noticed any more or less bar wear. Opened gallon 8 last week. It works. Got it from farm and fleet, but for whatever reason they stopped offering the free shipping over $100.00 deal on it, so I'll be looking local again when I need it.

I've been using Tall Timber bar oil for as long as I can remember. $29/2.5gal right now. I add a little hydraulic oil in the winter as it seems to flow better as this stuff is sticky sticky.
Screenshot_20231129-182731.png

Back