Be certain your new fuel lines fit tight.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsell

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know this sounds dumb but it very important. I spent a bunch of time working on my Husqvarna blower only to find my new fuel lines were too loose. It's weird because it ran on these new lines all summer. It began to start hard and would only run full throttle a minute and then die. Sometimes it would idle fine. I tried plugs, checked Spark, filters, rebuilt the carb twice, bypassed the primer, and many adjustments. I finally tried a different size of new fuel line and it runs fine. I only use ethanol free fuel from a dedicated pump at an independent station. I haven’t tested the fuel. The new size of fuel line was very difficult to push on the nipples. I realize I'm talking about a blower on a chainsaw forum, but the same could happen to a saw. I was using the stiff gray Homelite line and switched to some Chinese yellow line. If there is any ethanol in the fuel this line will turn to stone where the gray wouldn't. Note, I ordered Tygon on Amazon and received this Chinese line.

Note, I ordered Tygon on Amazon and received this Chinese line.
It's hard to tell what is real and what isn't anymore until you try it. I got lucky and was able to get real Tygon from Amazon but it was the luck of the draw I think. I have switched over to using Echo fuel line now when I can get it in the size I want and I know this isn't always and option but it's great fuel line if you haven't tried it.

I remember reading in other posts about the ECHO line. I'll have to get some.

Back