Been playing with a MS400C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a happy owner of both a Dodge and Toyota product. 3rd gen Dodge with a Cummins and a 6 speed manual, I'll probably never sell that truck.

My small pickup is an '18 Tacoma, I really like that one as well. I researched things on the basic maintenance of all the small pickups, the oil change procedure on the newer Rangers(among other things) ruled out the Ranger. Getting a 6 speed manual in the Taco made it an easy choice. Although we get a lot of snow, salt isn't an issue here. I don't know that I'd even want to live in a place that salts the roads.

I'm a happy owner of both a Dodge and Toyota product. 3rd gen Dodge with a Cummins and a 6 speed manual, I'll probably never sell that truck.

My small pickup is an '18 Tacoma, I really like that one as well. I researched things on the basic maintenance of all the small pickups, the oil change procedure on the newer Rangers(among other things) ruled out the Ranger. Getting a 6 speed manual in the Taco made it an easy choice. Although we get a lot of snow, salt isn't an issue here. I don't know that I'd even want to live in a place that salts the roads.
Trust me you don't want to deal with salt. When I first moved to Montana, which doesn't use salt from Michigan which uses a ton, I was amazed to see older Dodges and GM trucks that were not completely rusted out.
I change my oil in my Tacoma every 10k using Modil 1 EP oil and a Mobil 1 EP filter and have been doing so since new. The engine has never used a drop of oil and the valve trane is still deposit free. This is with 200,000+ hard miles on it.

Trust me you don't want to deal with salt. When I first moved to Montana, which doesn't use salt from Michigan which uses a ton, I was amazed to see older Dodges and GM trucks that were not completely rusted out.
I change my oil in my Tacoma every 10k using Modil 1 EP oil and a Mobil 1 EP filter and have been doing so since new. The engine has never used a drop of oil and the valve trane is still deposit free. This is with 200,000+ hard miles on it.
Hard to imagine the 10,000 mile interval isn't harmful . How much time is that 6 months or a year?

Hard to imagine the 10,000 mile interval isn't harmful . How much time is that 6 months or a year?
My 22 year old car has 10k mile intervals, 270k and climbing.
Truck is 15k/annual. Generally avg 300-350 engine hrs. Off road applications of the same engine recommend 500 hr intervals.
No big deal.

My F250 says 10K. With the newer air cleaner boxes and such the oil looks like new. I do run the Mobile 1 syn that is rated for 15K. The air filter change recommendation is 30K. Getting ready for the 3rd oil change at 12K.

Latest posts

Back