Best Husky or Echo for $600

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the Echo models being recommended way a good 2 pounds or more than the Husky 550XP. 11.7 Pounds for the Husky; 13.7 pounds for the Echo CS-620... 2 pounds doesn't seem like much but somedays I just cut and cut…

Called the local dealer and they have a Husky 550XP with a 20 inch bar in stock for $639 and an Echo CS-620 with an 18 inch bar for $549. If I go with the Husky, I will see if they can swap the 20 inch bar out for an 18 inch. Assuming my bars and stuff are compatible with the 550, probably heading in that direction... :) I know I can probably score a better deal online but I need one pretty dang quick and sooner or later, I'm going to need parts or service so I will likely continue to support my local dealer…

Called the local dealer and they have a Husky 550XP with a 20 inch bar in stock for $639 and an Echo CS-620 with an 18 inch bar for $549. If I go with the Husky, I will see if they can swap the 20 inch bar out for an 18 inch. Assuming my bars and stuff are compatible with the 550, probably heading in that direction... :) I know I can probably score a better deal online but I need one pretty dang quick and sooner or later, I'm going to need parts or service so I will likely continue to support my local dealer…
Echo has the best warranty you'll never need and a lot more low end power should you ever decide you want or need more saw.

And they are beautiful with a lightweight bar...;):cheers:20210922_175227.jpg

The 359 and 550xp are both K095 mount but your 359 is probably 3/8" pitch and the 550 will probably come with a .325 rim. Your dealer can change the 550 to a 3/8" if you want to go that route.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

If you are going with the 550, make sure it is a MK2 and not old stock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So... I did end up with the 550XP Mark II. I checked out the Echo as well, but the Husky just felt better and was noticeably lighter (lots of plastic!). The dealer had limited bars and I did end up with an 18" bar with a .325 pitch/.050 gauge. That's fine---I think I'll just keep everything new and keep track of the chains and not mix it up. I picked up two extra chains (buy one, get one 50% off). Husky had a funny extended warranty deal going. If I buy three cans of their pre-mixed fuel at $7.95 a can, I got a five year warranty---for just $23.85---pretty cheap insurance. :)
I can't wait to get out with my new toy and buck up some logs, hopefully this afternoon. Many thanks to all for your input!

Errrr... Still new at the video thing and it didn't work out (after about 10 seconds, the video went to really slow, slow motion). Anyway, love the saw! Sliced up some maple, found a cute turtle, and then went on to the oak. :)
I'm on vacation next week so I hope to really play with this thing some more and then maybe post a review. With barely a tank of gas through it, so far so good…

IMG_5375.jpg

IMG_5378.jpg

Errrr... Still new at the video thing and it didn't work out (after about 10 seconds, the video went to really slow, slow motion). Anyway, love the saw! Sliced up some maple, found a cute turtle, and then went on to the oak. :)
I'm on vacation next week so I hope to really play with this thing some more and then maybe post a review. With barely a tank of gas through it, so far so good…

View attachment 932403

View attachment 932404
Nice. It'll get a little stronger as it breaks in. I would love to have one but I don't need it and it would just sit. Glad you are getting to use it and enjoying it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I still have the old Husky 359 and I may pick up a new carburetor and see if I can get her going again. I see carburetors running anywhere from $15 for Chinese crap to $125 for OEM. The original carb was replaced years ago with a Nike (not sure of the spelling but that's what the shop called it). Can anyone make a recommendation? I could buy the best and cry once but the 359 will just be a backup for when I get the 550XP pinched. :D

Back