Best light weight saw for limbing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKendrick87

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Just recently bought my first saw of my very own, a very well maintained MS 310 w/ 20”bar. My father in law owns 100 acres with about half of that in woods so trees are constantly needing trimmed and cleaned up. He’s running a 290 and a 170. Would like to buy a lightweight limber to help him. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Ms241 if you can get one, it's an excellent saw for small fast work... after that, the ms261 is great.
As far as really small saws go, the echo 3510 is cheap, and lighter & faster than the ms170 it has more guts and much better av imo, but like the ms170 it's not a professional saw.

I'd prefer the MS201cm specifically as a "light weight saw for limbing", now how big does those limbs get anyway?

Ms241 if you can get one, it's an excellent saw for small fast work... after that, the ms261 is great.
As far as really small saws go, the echo 3510 is cheap, and lighter & faster than the ms170 it has more guts and much better av imo, but like the ms170 it's not a professional saw.
A friend of mine has the 3510 and really loves it. Don’t really have any Echo dealers anywhere close to me and I hate to give my business to those big box stores.

The husky 440 is also a very handy limbing saw, I like it's handling better than pretty much all the other small saws I've run.
It's probably my second favorite small limbing saw after the ms241.
Not sure about the reliability of the 440 but mine's been fine so far, we've put around 50 tanks of fuel through it in the last year, cutting mostly sub 2" limbs, though it does fine on oak up to around 12".

Back