Best light weight saw for limbing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weight of the 025 is listed at 10.14lbs
Weight of the 026 is listed at 10.36lbs

I'm surprised you can even fell the difference
That might be but when I actually use them one is perfect and the other makes me sweat.
You want power - get a MS881.

Again they weigh basically the same and the ms261 has another hp over the ms241. We've recently been over this.
My 241 is at 2,3kw, the 026 is at 2,6kw with the lumpy case and the excessive weight.
You looking at specs now don't yah, try fill it up with fuel and oil and actually maneuver it while dancing around the trunk.

My 241 is at 2,3kw, the 026 is at 2,6kw with the lumpy case and the excessive weight.
You looking at specs now don't yah, try fill it up with fuel and oil and actually maneuver it while dancing around the trunk.
Why arw tou comparing a 241 to an 026? Get a grip and a modern saw. A ms 261 let's an 026 sit on its arse. A 241 has no advantages to a ms261.

Why arw tou comparing a 241 to an 026? Get a grip and a modern saw. A ms 261 let's an 026 sit on its arse. A 241 has no advantages to a ms261.
Except the compact package and the low weight.
You need an 18" bar for limbing your branches the 261 is a good choice, I don't.
The branches on my trunks would be cut easily with a 12".

Now, would a 200/201cm do that? certainly, now whats the weight of that saw with a 12/14" bar filled up with gas an oil?
And whats the weight of a 261 with an 18" bar and chain filled up with gas an oil?

You gonna loose buddy...

Man I never knew this post would create such hostility! To each their own on what saw or saws they choose to use to get the job done! Maybe someone just wants to use multiple saws. For most of our application we’re cutting up downed trees and pulling stuff out of the woods into the open field with grapple. So we’ll limb with something smaller and cut the big stuff with our bigger saws while one of us is holding logs up with grapple.

Man I never knew this post would create such hostility! To each their own on what saw or saws they choose to use to get the job done! Maybe someone just wants to use multiple saws. For most of our application we’re cutting up downed trees and pulling stuff out of the woods into the open field with grapple. So we’ll limb with something smaller and cut the big stuff with our bigger saws while one of us is holding logs up with grapple.
Yeah, I guess you really opened a can of worms with this one.....lol.
Didn't you already pick up a saw? or was that a different fighting thread I'm thinking of........

After two hours in the field I am drenched in sweat, like I have taken a bath with all my clothes on.
To me, the difference of a felling saw and a limbing saw makes all the difference in the world..
I might get provoked, thats all the excitement of discussion, but I'm not hostile to anyone. I do not have enemies.

Yeah, I guess you really opened a can of worms with this one.....lol.
Didn't you already pick up a saw? or was that a different fighting thread I'm thinking of........
Just waiting on the gentleman with the 201 to come back from vacation so I can try it out and either buy it or move on to my next options.

After two hours in the field I am drenched in sweat, like I have taken a bath with all my clothes on.
To me, the difference of a felling saw and a limbing saw makes all the difference in the world..
I might get provoked, thats all the excitement of discussion, but I'm not hostile to anyone. I do not have enemies.
Wasn’t directed at you sir! But I’ve noticed a few posts from others that were getting a little sporty Lol!

Now, would a 200/201cm do that? certainly, now whats the weight of that saw with a 12/14" bar filled up with gas an oil?
And whats the weight of a 261 with an 18" bar and chain filled up with gas an oil?

You gonna loose buddy...
I have about 3/4 of a 200t here, waiting on some parts to finish it. It's fairly light. Replacing the ms192tc when it's done. Never impressed with the 192tc power, or lack of it. Has its hands full with a 14" bar in hardwoods. Works ok in soft woods. It is very light, but the lack of power, and being a top handle keeps me from using it when I'm not in a tree. Which I don't climb much anymore.
Anyway, ms261 with 18" bar, you gonna be around 12.5 lbs with fuel, I prefer a 16" with isn't much weight difference. The 241 weighs about 1/2 lb less then the 261 14" bar, with fuel your going to be within a lb of each other. Swap the 14" on the 261 and your back to a moot point within 1/2 pound of each other.

Just waiting on the gentleman with the 201 to come back from vacation so I can try it out and either buy it or move on to my next options.
I see.... somebody recently bought a used echo cs400 for a limbing saw, I thought that was this thread.... maybe not.
Anyways, congratulations on starting an epic thread buddy!

Wasn’t directed at you sir! But I’ve noticed a few posts from others that were getting a little sporty Lol!
It's a saw forum, we all have our opinions on what's better and for what reason. Most of us are perfectly used to being curt with each other.

Hello everyone! Just recently bought my first saw of my very own, a very well maintained MS 310 w/ 20”bar. My father in law owns 100 acres with about half of that in woods so trees are constantly needing trimmed and cleaned up. He’s running a 290 and a 170. Would like to buy a lightweight limber to help him. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I sure do like my little 024 I got from ebay of all places.

Latest posts

Back