Best option for 660 milling old oak barn beams

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe another time!
But I'm not spending 800 bucs right now

If barn beams have nails can you run carbide teeth on that beast and not damage saw blade?

Ordered one those bars yesterday. Only have 30" or shorter left in stock. Greg says supplier will produce these bars in May after other scheduled, so look for these to be available late May to June. At least the three longer size that are out of stock now. I should have some experience to share before the end of the month.
Stay safe & enjoy
Thanks for that info Tony. I'm looking for a longer setup for my 661.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Someone mentioned the big makita,
for funView attachment 638059
I saw one of those at an equipment auction a couple years ago. They had 4 auctioneers going and I was running back and forth to all of the fields. Got back to the big Makita right after it sold, went for about $100. It was a little more banged up, but it did seem to run OK.

Thanks for that info Tony. I'm looking for a longer setup for my 661.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
Forgot to get back on the 30" bar for .050 dl. Faster than the .063 square chisel. Prolly from narrower Kerf. HL sells lp square chisel from raisman. Looks good in the box but nut wood tested yet, soon!

By the time you find and purchase the new thinner bar and chains for a one time job like that, you may as well take those beams to a local BSM mill to cut them.
Will be faster, cheaper and lose less material from the thinner cuts.
Just my opinion.

Latest posts

Back