Best saw oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks, funny thing about the whole thing to me. We sent alot of Echo's back especially their weed eaters. I do own an Echo that was given to me. It's a 650 Evl still runs but it's way underpowered for it's emmense weight. When I fire it up my close neighbors call the sheriff thinking the dirt bike hooligans are out again. it should of been called a 650 evil. stupid is as stupid does.
I have 2 610evl echo saws. One us basically just for parts though, bad ignition source coil. It's cool being a twin cylinder, but heavy and gutless. Like moat of their larger saws. My brother has an old 30 something cc echo, grandpa bought new way back when. Still runs and isn't bad power for its size and weight. Fuel and oil tank is kinds small, but that's about the only complaint I have about it.

You might get a laugh outta this. The spur wore out on this and the only place I could find a new one was ereplacements 65.00. No way I was gonna pay that. Oregon doesn't have the rim kit for them anymore. I got a rim mount off another drum and did some grinding and welding using the old drum. I figured it would be a little out of alignment and the clutch wouldn't work right. I got lucky and it works good. When the narrow mount 24 inch bar wears out I going to tap the mount studs out and use a set of stihl wide mounts. It pulls the 24 inch good, I think a 20 will do really good. Parts are way obsolete for it, I'll keep moding it till it wears the engine out. Sound like an old DT250 YAMAHA LOL20230720_171219.jpg

Gotta do, what you gotta do when you can't get parts. My runner sports a 24" bar, it pulls it well enough. No brake, just a hand guard on it. I'm sure with the limited amount I'll use it, and having another for parts I'll be able to keep it going for quite some time.

You might get a laugh outta this. The spur wore out on this and the only place I could find a new one was ereplacements 65.00. No way I was gonna pay that. Oregon doesn't have the rim kit for them anymore. I got a rim mount off another drum and did some grinding and welding using the old drum. I figured it would be a little out of alignment and the clutch wouldn't work right. I got lucky and it works good. When the narrow mount 24 inch bar wears out I going to tap the mount studs out and use a set of stihl wide mounts. It pulls the 24 inch good, I think a 20 will do really good. Parts are way obsolete for it, I'll keep moding it till it wears the engine out. Sound like an old DT250 YAMAHA LOLView attachment 1098864
Quick check turned up -
https://chainsawr.com/products/echo...saw-oregon-clutch-rim-sprocket-pn-29313-new-2
https://loggerchain.net/products/or...aw-sprocket-3-8-pitch-fits-echo-cs-650-cs-660

This one is not a CS model it is a Kioritz Echo 650EVL Built 79 to 84 I ordered the rim set up for the CS model and returned it. The drum was way to small in diameter.

Yea that's the one. I went to the Oregon app spec and they said it was discontinued. I ended up getting one from Little red barn and it was wrong. I looked on sites I normally order from and couldn't locate one. I just gave up and made one. Once the saw is inop. it will go on my rafter hanging collection. I bought it for 25 bucks 15 years ago. Only saws I spend much money on are my stihls. It will be joining all my Homelites I used up. Thanks for the Acres connect

Hey Ray thanks. It 's always a safer option to have a factory made part. I ordered the rim set up today from your info drop (Frawleys) would be good to get the parts for repairing the brake, but that looks bleak. Most of my older operating saws don't have one anyways. I ain't skeared. I know I shouldn't be on a oil thread talking about this. but it's sometimes easier to get replies seeing that people seem to enjoy the "FRICTION" they cause.

I’ve done a bit of digging around, but haven’t found much.
So what do you guys consider the ‘best two stroke oil’? My dad and I have pretty much run Stihl HP Plus for a as long as I can remember, and hasn’t ever seen to harm the saws as far as I can tell. I have seen in some thread that people don’t consider stihl to be good for some reason? If not, what’s a good oil to switch to? Amsoil?
xxs

Back